The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Best Summer Break EVER!

Our seven week break so far has been amazing! I'll try and recount details as much as possible, as I can remember them. My memory is starting to really go funny lol. My grandpa Jenks always said that there's a string attached from your belly button to your brain, and as pregnant women's belly gets bigger, that string gets tighter and tighter. Though that was his way of saying, "you're nuts" I think he may have been right...Anyway, the first thing that we did was take a trip to Home Depot so that Scott could buy me a new mop (since he broke ours). We found one that is like the Swiffer spraying one, but you can fill the bottle with whatever you want, rather than buying the Swiffer refills, which are ridiculously expensive. This is him with his new toy :D He was so excited to try it out, so I just let him mop away!
Our next project was a glider rocking chair that we found at D.I. It was pretty wobbly, but for $15 we figured Scott could just fix it. So here he is, gluing and screwing in the loose parts! I am so grateful for a husband who knows how to do all this! And notice the vacuum in the background...he was actually vacuuming as he went! Man, I'm lucky!
We thought we were going to have to recover the cushions, but we figured we might as well try to clean them (we figured that would be easier than recovering them). And yes, we used toothbrushes (old ones, mind you lol)
It was pretty icky...
But, with the help of some Solumel (Melaleuca product, which Scott refers to as Smell of puka), which Scott refers to as "Solu-smell" we were able to get them clean! Here he is in his finished product...now all we have to do is figure out how to stop the squeaking, as the lubrication stuff we have isn't working...
Another fun thing we did was go to the new water park here in town with our besties the Packards. This is their daughter Lexi, who is in love with Scott. She is SO cute! When we get there she usually runs through the house to find her mom and tell her that "Scott and Smilo" are here.
Here we are ready to go! We had such a good time. It's always good to hang out with friends and try new things!
And now (drumroll please) MY TRIP TO SPOKANE! For Scott's new job up on campus, he had to go train in Las Vegas because nobody here in Rexburg knows how to run the new animation system that he has to run. So we worked it out in such a way that I could be with my family while he was gone for a week! We both drove to Spokane on a Friday, he flew out on Sunday, got back Saturday, and we headed home Monday. It was perfect because it allowed me all the time I needed with my family, while giving him enough time (though he wished we could have stayed longer) and neither of us had to drive or take a bus alone. It was such a blessing!

The first night we were there, my family was still gone on their Moroni Quest for our stake. The younger kids were at my grandma's house. We stayed Friday night at my parent's house (which was SO odd because it was EMPTY) and then headed to grandma's Saturday morning. The kids were so excited to see us, and Katie and Becca may have been more excited to see Scott...We missed them SO much! Here we are playing phase 10 with the girls.
Here is Levi and our cousin Austin. Those two are such good friends! It was HILARIOUS! Levi had Austin's gun, and Austin decided he wanted it back so Levi was running from him. Austin didn't have any shoes on, so Levi figured out that if he stayed running around in the gravel, Austin couldn't get to him. It was quite the entertainment!
Slip and Slide and pool. Paisley has grown SO much! She never stops talking! And she was jumpin' right in there with the boys!
Seeing Scott off on Sunday was hard for me. I'm pretty clingy, and so a week away from my husband in my pregnant, emotional state didn't look too good. And though I did miss him, my family kept me busy, busy, busy. I decided to work on my tan while I was there, so the kids and I spent a lot of time outside! This is Levi filling up his little pool (though he learned this week that he can go underwater and swim in the big pool without his floaty).
Aww, my raspberries! I had so much fun while I was there picking them again! I miss them! Our garden has turned out rather pathetic, and seeing my family's rows of beans, beets, raspberries, squash, etc. just made me miss that home garden harvest!
This gallon came from one day of picking! Mom let me make jam and take it home with me! Yay! Scott and I love it!
I'm not sure how many people know, but, as my mom puts it, she's out of the first trimester and is ready to tell people! My family is adopting two little boys from Ethiopia. Daniel and Jaletta. So to get the family ready, we had an Ethiopian couple over for FHE. Becca and Katie learned a native dance for them, and they almost cried when the girls started dancing. It was so interesting to learn about the culture that our brothers are coming from!
Alex and Ethiopia (the couple) even got up and danced with the girls! This video is great! Just youtube Ethiopian dancing and you'll see how cool it is! We loved it, and this couple was so great! In fact, they are continuing to join my family for birthday parties and all kinds of things. We plan on keeping them very close throughout this process.

Here Ryan and Shauna and I are enjoying a taste of Ethiopia.
I don't know what it is about Levi, but man, he is DANG cute!
Tuesday, I got to take some of the kids on dates. The three little boys and I piled into my car and headed to the mall to see the Reptile House. They had been there before, and were so excited to show me! Caleb wanted me to see the Chameleons and how they move their eyes. Ryan wanted me to see the tortoises and informed me that sometimes they let them wander the store. Levi wanted to show me the HUGE snakes. Here we are on our way in :D
This is the tortoise room. You'll see the huge things in the back! It was really fun, and a great store! We enjoyed looking around for about an hour! I had to look in every cage at least twice.
On the way out! Unfortunately, Caleb's head is down...but we had tons of fun!
Then I took Katie and Becca out for lunch. We enjoyed our girl time and it was fun to hear them talk! They have grown up so much! I can't believe that these are the "two little girls"!
Wednesday was...interesting. My family is all about outside Easter egg hunts. So usually we end up doing it a couple weeks late when the weather starts to get nicer (and then mom can buy candy on sale...the good stuff!). Well, this year, we got to do it in August! So here Levi is, hunting down his eggs. We stuffed 320 of them, so ya know, there aren't that many hiding places lol.
Kate
Ryan, who insisted on opening all his eggs when he found them.
Dad, Mom, and Shauna watching the fun
Josh
Mom and I :D I sure did miss my mommy. And I still do :( I think we might be taking a couple extra trips down there in the future...
On Thursday, my mom and sisters threw me a baby shower! This diaper cake was made by my grandma and Aunt Rachel, with the decorations being made by Linley (the hair bows) and Chelsea (the shoes). I thought it was the cutest thing!
SO many people came! It was so good to see everyone!!!!
Friday we went to the lake! We went to Cour d' Alene Lake all day long, and we ate both lunch and dinner there. We got a great spot on the grass right by the sandy beach, so we had the best of both worlds. I forgot my spray on sunscreen, and because I HATE the rub-in stuff on my hands (it makes me feel greasy), I decided to be dumb and pregnant and just go without. It wasn't until I was severely burned that I noticed...
This burn led to ZERO sleep Friday night, the night before Scott got back from Vegas. My daddy was kind enough to take me out to the pool at 1 AM and stand with me in the dark while I iced them. At about 4, I hopped in a COLD bath to ice them more and then by 5 I was out in the pool again (it was light out so I could go out alone). It was absolutely miserable. I had to keep them slathered with aloe, and touching them was excruciating. Add that to the fact that I'm not supposed to lay on my back and can't lay on my tummy and it's easy to see why sleep just didn't happen. I was able to get about two hours in before going to get Scott, but man, it wasn't enough.

Here Levi and I are at the lake before I got burned lol
The girls and I as I was getting burnt.
Saturday morning was long. Scott's flight got in at two, and I was so anxious to see him! I had thoroughly enjoyed the week with the fam, and the days flew by, but at night when I had to crawl in bed all alone...I missed him! So I picked him up at the airport and he saw that my burn was really as bad as I had said it was and then I realized...HE CAN'T TOUCH ME!!! After a week...wow. Way to go Shiloh. So we headed to the hotel that he had gotten for us for that first night he got back. We really enjoyed our stay there, among aloe and trips to the 24 hour pool for icing. Sunday morning, we headed back to my parents' house to attend church with the family.
Sunday night, my family had a fireside for the Moroni Quest thing, so again, Scott and I got to spend time with the younger ones. We played Disney Charades! It was so fun! This is Katie being Maleficent.
And Becca as the Fairy God Mother
Me as Bo Peep (A rather fat Bo Peep, but they still guessed it :)
Ryan as Roo
Levi as Grumpy
Scott as...I think Llago from Aladdin. I think he was doing the "polly wanna cracker" thing lol.
Levi as Link, some character from his favorite video game to watch Tony play or something...
We finished out the night with popcorn and Veggie Tales. Ryan and Becca were cuddling, and I just thought it was SO cute!
Here Levi is, wanting me to take a picture of him so he could see the flash in my camera haha
Scott and I look tired! It was a long week. I had a great time! And he missed me and the family lol. He learned a lot at training, but the cock roaches in his bed were enough to make him count down the days to coming home! (Eeeek!)
I don't know what it was this trip, but Levi really loved Scott! He was always wanting to sit on his lap, play with his phone, sit by him at meals, swim with him in the pool, and so on. In fact, at Sunday dinner Levi sat by Scott and then looked up at him and said, "Wait, is Shiloh going to sit here?" After Scott assured him that he has two sides, Levi enjoyed dinner sitting by him. He even finished Scott's food! When Scott was done eating, Levi said, "Wait, there's more Jello. Can I finish it?" And then later when Scott asked him to put his root beer float cup in the sink Levi asked, "Mind if I finish this?" It was HILARIOUS! The little moocher!
Then Scott and the kids brushed their teeth. Levi couldn't find his toothbrush haha. But we found it and he cheered right back up!

We had such a good time with the family! The kids were all really cute about me being pregnant. Katie and Becca always had their hands on my stomach, waiting for her to move, and Levi always wanted to know where her head was and why she was upside down and when she was coming out and how...man, I hope it's a long time before my kids ask me that! I just told him she was coming out at the hospital haha. He also gave both Addy and I a kiss every morning and night that I was there, and a couple nights, he even slept with me. He's so sweet! One day he looked up at me and said, "Shiloh, did Scott leave you?" I explained that he had to go away for a little while for work but that he was coming back. He then said, "Is he gonna take you away?" And I said that yes, we were going to have to go back to our home. Then he asked, "Does that make you happy?" My goodness! I told him that yes, it does make me happy, but that I"ll miss him. Then he said, "I thought you said you wanted to be with me forever." So I told him that we would be together forever because mom and dad got married in the temple. Then he said, "Well, that doesn't do me much good if you don't live with me!" So I told him that he gets to come and visit me when Addy comes out and he cheered right up! I love my family so much and am so grateful for them and for the amazing week we had. We'll be traveling up there as soon as we can, that's one thing for sure!
Anyway, this has been long enough! So I'll end it! Shane, we love you and miss you, and so do the raspberries! (You were always so good at keeping them weeded and strung up for me!) The gospel is true, and families are forever. We are learning that more and more every day as we prepare for our little girl to enter the world. Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet, you have some great memories there, and yes, you have an amazing family. I am so excited for you guys, and little Addy. That is exciting about your parents and the two little boys, they will have a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind I found your blog through Kimberlee's I remember when you were younger and your dad taught me in seminary. It has been fun watching you I'm so happy for you and Scott Congratulations. Your family is pretty awesome and amazing. Best of wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try WD-40 on your squeeking chair.

    ReplyDelete