Well,I know it's February, but I still haven't gotten around to the Christmas blogging. But hey, my mom just got hers up the other day. Like mother like daughter :) Our trip to Spokane for Christmas was AMAZING! Scott and I both thoroughly enjoyed it! Our trip up was pretty uneventful. We just enjoyed the long drive together as a couple. I read aloud for a lot of the way, and Scott and I got to listen to lots of good music that had previously been forgotten (Chicago and Journey). We laughed when Journey's "Anyway you want it" was playing and we remembered Tony telling us that it was about making pizza...oh my sweet brother haha.
We surprised my mommy by showing up a day earlier than we told her we were coming. Scott had told me that if I was real good on Saturday we could leave Sunday. And he hopped in the car Sunday, even though I gave away his cheese (I figured we weren't going to get back until it was bad, but apparently that's a federal offense :). The look on her face was priceless as she was hustling eleven kids about trying to get ready for dinner. Shane just looked at us and said, "oh, hey guys." And then realized that we were there haha. I love my brothers! Ryan jumped on me and gave me a monkey hug, and the rest of the kids were so excited. It was great! They all wanted to show me a million things, especially Levi. He wanted to show me his snowman punching bag, and he said, "I get to punch him and he just comes back for more!" It was a great start.
One of the highlights of our trip was little Ellie. We got to help my mom watch her, and we both just melted. Needless to say, our baby hungry got a little hungrier :) But she's so dang cute!
While we were there we got to introduce my family to the game "Farkle." We all loved it and played several times. Levi, my little buddy, was rolling for me. He actually rolled some awesome roles! I loved having him around me all the time. He is so smart and cute!


And finally, it was my turn for Ellie! She is such a sweetheart!

My best friend and me :)

We brought the guitars, and my siblings constantly wanted to play! It was great! Here is Batman (Levi) playing along with Scott on what he called "The little kid guitar."

In the car waiting to go caroling with my family. Scott got to play the guitar while we all sang. It was magical :)

Becca and Katie got to ride with us. They thought that was pretty special.


Gingerbread house making was probably one of the best things we did. It was so much fun to see all the creative ideas my siblings had. And then Scott surprised me with his amazing talent for building! Our gingerbread house was pretty great!

Levi was sneakin' over to see if we had any extra stuff he could steal. He has the CUTEST little smile! I want him!

I got to decorate the inside :) I think I did a pretty good job!


Me teaching Levi how to do his new Geoboard thing. I guess the school got rid of some of these old games that I used to play when I was in third grade. Levi picked them up really fast and was doing great! He's So amazing. I love that lil' guy!

Christmas morning stockings! Levi was so cute, and the rest of the family loved being all together for this great morning!

Scott, about to open the slippers I got him for when he carries me to the bathroom in the morning on the cold tile haha.

Do you think my mom wants a grandbaby? I think so. Lucky for her, she's gonna have quite a few. Anyway, these cute little books will be fun to put together for our baby someday.

Alison and Becca made us these cute little magnets for when we have all ten of our kids haha. They are so cute! We can't wait to start using them.

Levi in his little safety goggles. Man, I love that kid! I can't get over him!

My siblings got me a nativity set because I looked at Walmart, Kmart, the dollar store, and several other stores and nobody was carrying them! I couldn't believe that! How could they not carry those at Christmas time!?

Scott got me some "hooker boots" and some real pearls (!) and then this first aid kit, especially for my special needs. If you can see the picture you can read the contents. I always burn myself and cut myself while, yes, cutting cheese towards myself.

This is Scott in the hat that Shauna made for him (she made me one too!) and the tie that I bought him :) He's so cute! He made my Christmas so great.

And again with Levi. I just like him, okay? haha

Koli Poki. He's so funny and creative. He's become a very handsome young man.

If ya look real close you can see his chocolate milk stains from breakfast :)

The last day that we were there, my mom and Shauna and I wanted to go shopping. However, I felt bad leaving my poor husband (who I, day by day, tricked into staying an extra week) with nothing to do. However, since my mom knows he likes to fix stuff, she assigned him to her cassette players (yes, she still has those). He, very creatively fixed them both! He had to use a rubber band in one to replace a belt. I married a keeper! He can fix anything!

I love you for letting me stay honey! Dang, he's cute.

Christmas day when family was there. We had SO much fun with everyone! Jackson, Justin, and Scott all got to jam together on their guitars and Scott's Cajon. Jackson was especially drooly over that lol. We love ya Jacks!

It was a great Christmas, and we loved spending time with friends and family. We love the gospel and know it's true, and I'll try to keep my online journal up to date! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment