February was a pretty exciting month for us! We got to try new things, spend time together (between work and school) and fall deeper in love. For Valentine's Day for Scott I did my mother's alleged days of Valentines. It was wonderful, and it was fun to think of cute little things that he would like. One day, I cleaned the entire apartment, good enough for us to move out! It was quite the surprise when he got home. He loved it. For one of the days though, I got a pot roast and we found a good recipe and made it together. Roast is his all-time favorite food, and it's kinda pricey, so we don't often eat it :) We LOVED it! Here is a picture! It sure looks good!

Scott, the handy-man that he is, took apart his friend Matt's computer to fix it all up, and this is what it looked like. I can't believe he knows how to put all that back together, but he swears he does :) I guess we'll see :)

For me for Valentine's day, Scott did a wonderful job! I came home after a twelve hour day to this! He had gotten cute little glass bowls and filled them with water and tealight candles. It was so romantic!

He had set up our tent (which we are dying to use outside!) and set it up with a "fire" burning int he background. Upon closer examination I found the fan with a spotlight behind it with construction paper flames blowing. He even got a fire crackling sound and had it playing. How cute!
The ENTIRE house was lit strictly with candles. I can only imagine how long it took to light all of those haha.

One day, work was cancelled for me (one of the kids was sick) and so Scott and I got to actually eat lunch together! It was really fun. He made ham, egg, and cheese sandwhiches for us and we enjoyed them thoroughly. He's such a good cook!

Then I decided that I was going to make Valentine's sugar cookies for my visiting teachees and that Scott was going to help :) This is us in our schnazzy aprons :)

Here Scott is, punching the cookies out. We got cookie-cutters from our wedding, and I LOVE using them! They are so great! He was quite the good puncher!

See what I mean? There is NO extra space there!

He even made me a little "heart flower" :)

I should have known that, as a boy trapped in a man's body, eating the dough would be his favorite part :) See the flour in the corner of his mouth? Yup, that ranges from chocolate to spaghetti sauce to bread crumbs to....well, you get the idea :)


I frosted the big cookies and then put the little ones on top. I sure thought they were cute! I LOVE SUGAR COOKIES!

Okay, so this had to make the blog. One day, while Scott and I were making mac and cheese, I went to open the cheese packet and forgot my own strength. It apparently was ready to open, and it did, quickly, poofing fake cheese powder all over me and the kitchen! It was quite the surprise. Scott inhaled it and then kinda yelled. I think it startled him :) Anyway, I thought it was funny, and I was surprised at how far that stuff "poofed!"

One Sunday I woke up to remember that we had two bags of apples that were going to turn into mold if I didn't use them. So we invited friends over for Apple Grandes! I made my own apple pie filling for the first time! It was SO good, and my friends enjoyed the Lee family tradition. It was a great night!

Oooooh! YUM!

Waiting for our friends to get here :) We love each other!

So that was February :) We had a great month with many challenges and that many more blessings. It was a great month and we are so excited to continue on our journey! Well, I've got to go, the Sunbeams like well-prepared lessons! This week we are teaching "I am thankful for plants, trees, and flowers." Man, they get to learn all the fun stuff! The Gospel is true!
So happy I found this blog! YAY!
ReplyDeleteWe love and miss you guys!
You are so funny. I love the newlywed stage. I love him, he loves me, we are SO in LOVE. Blah blah blah. Anyway, enjoy the newlywed stage while it lasts. Then next stages in marriage are great too!
ReplyDelete