The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Our New House :D

Well, the pictures are finally up! It took my brother's "mom in Brazil" messaging me on facebook telling me that my brother is "crazy" to see the pictures, but I finally did it! Here is the outside and front yard. We LOVE the space!
When you walk in the front door (split level entry) and look to the left, you see the living room (or family room, I can never remember which is which). At first we didn't like the purple walls, but after getting furniture in and the ivy up, I decided I kinda do...so we'll hold off on painting for a little bit.
My very big kitchen. It has so many drawers that I still have empty ones! The countertops are Corian and the floor is hard wood.
Dining room and doors out to the back yard.
Bathroom off the kitchen (kind of a weird place for a bathroom, but it's kinda nice as it turns out).
Bathroom #2. It used to have an ugly tile shelf over the toilet, but I took it out and built the new ones all by myself (with Scott's supervision...good thing because I almost built it backwards haha).
For those of you (Chelsea) that wanted pinterest pictures, here they are. These are the crafts I made for Adelaide's room. (See, Shane, I'm getting artsy!)


Mater bedroom. In a few months we'll move Addy into her room and have it all to ourselves!
My office/craftroom with a built-into-the-wall ironing board!!!!!!!! I thought it was old fashioned, but MAN IS IT HANDY!
Right at the bottom of the stairs you run into Scott's music/man cave. The guitars really echo of the linoleum floor. It sounds awesome!
Storage room - We hope to put a half bath in someday as there's no bathroom downstairs.
Downstairs bedroom #1. You can tell we aren't all the way unpacked, but hey! The rest of the house looks great haha.
Downstairs bedroom #2. I LOVE the built in vanity. When Addy grows up she's going to love this room!
Downstairs family room (or living room lol)


This is Scott's favorite part: the garage! Two car garage with a door to the backyard.
This last Saturday, we decided to do our first home improvement project. As Scott plans to use the garage as a work space, we needed to lighten it up. It's pretty dark. Scott got some paint for work, so I gave him the go-ahead to paint (he says that it's my house and I'm in charge. LOVE him!) He wrote me a little message while I was gone feeding Addy :D
Almost done! It took the majority of the day. We still have to do the creases with a brush, but that's a project for another day, but look how BRIGHT it is in there!

Addy wasn't the biggest fan of being all bundled up. She was NOT enjoying the coat. She couldn't move her arms haha.
Taking a lunch break. She's learning to hold her own bottle!
Addy has a little cousin named Addi! She came over and as I was digging through Mary's diaper bag, I discovered a little newborn sized version of Addy's jammies! So we dressed them up and snapped a pictures. I can't believe my little Addy used to be that small!
Chillin' on the couch with Dad. She LOVES to sit and watch TV...uh oh haha.
Fresh out of the bath. This little girl LOVES to have her clothes off!
Pea wrinkles!
She has been using her BUMBO since she was four weeks old. Now, she's discovering that if she squirms or arches her back, she can almost get out...I have to watch her real close. I swear I'm going to leave her in there to go to the bathroom or something and I'm going to come out to find her on the floor! My little escape artist!

Holy chunky baby! I love those little rolls!
Addy and Addi again. Addy was trying to help her feel better I think. And no, she did NOT make her cry. Addi was already crying haha.
Fell asleep on the floor.
Scott says this headband makes her look like a gypsy :D
Baby Liam. We have a picture from when Liam was 2 weeks old and now he's 2 months old. He is bigger than Addy now! And such a cute and happy baby. We love him!

Well, that's it. So there you go Shane. You got to see our house, our home improvement project and lots of pictures of your perfect baby niece. We love her and we love you! Work hard, pray harder!

4 comments:

  1. Now I can see why Scott wanted a house, to fit all of his toys. I still don't know how he managed to fit everything in the tiny corner of our room. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome house!!! It looks great. I know you will love it! Congratulations, I can't think of a better first buy!!! Addy is adorable, oh and I love the built in vanity too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh your house is huge!!! awesome! love it! how great for you guys! :) Thanks for posting pictures FINALLY!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice house!!! I love your updates!!!

    ReplyDelete