Phew! What a two weeks it's been! Sunday the 11, my parents arrived in Rexburg to drive with my girls and I to Spokane a week before my sister's wedding so that I could help to prepare. I love when my parents are able to come and see me at my house :) I just like having them here. They stayed Sunday night and we left Monday morning. The drive was pretty uneventful, which is pretty dang awesome with two babies! All week we got things ready. Picked up flowers, made sure the cake and cupcakes were actually ordered (one of my mom's nightmares was that they weren't), and made sure everyone's names were on the temple list. Cleaned, crafted, and enlisted help. It was busy! But I still had some time to swim with my girls. :) Addy loved Mimi's pool! I was surprised by how quickly she got used to it and and started doing crazy stunts like going under water all by herself and jumping off the ladder to me. Such a fish!
Saturday morning I painted my baby's toe nails to match everyone else's. I was the nail doer. I think they all turned out rather nice. I'm pretty good for a woman who NEVER paints her finger nails! lol. I loved all our blue toes!
Shauna's are on the left, and I didn't do those, but I did Katie and Becca's!
This is what Addy did all wedding morning: fended for herself. Here she is eating cereal while we're all busily buzzing around doing hair, makeup, nails, and dresses. Don't ask me where her pants ended up...Primping. :)
This little munchkin has quite the camera smile. He's adorable. The whole time we were there he and Addy did EVERYTHING together. She misses him now...poor girl has asked for him about 100 times a day since we've been home.
When I went to take a picture of Addy, she pointed this nerf gun at me and yelled, "DIE!" Yeah. Learned that from Jet lol.
And then we hurried to the temple! In the rush, I forgot my brown hair flower...the accessory my entire hair do was designed around...yeah. Felt a little stupid. I mean really, I got everyone else ready...and then forgot to finish myself! lol. Becca (13) is quite the little hair devil! That girl can french braid and twist braid and dutch braid and fish braid and pretty much whatever else you want. That's right folks: My 13 year old sister did my hair for the wedding because I didn't know how to do anything cute...perhaps I should work on that?
The ceremony was beautiful and Shauna and Wes make a great couple ;) Enjoy the pictures I managed to catch. I apologize for the lack of reception pictures, but I was in the line. And Scott was wrangling Addy. I'm lucky I have half the ones I do from the temple! Thanks to Katie Leale!
It doesn't matter what we're doing. My dad makes it fun. :) Never a dull moment!
Holy cow, I have some good looking brothers! We missed Tony, though! He was kind of the life of the party at my picture session...
I'm just gonna say it. We made the cutest baby ever. At least I think so :)
The wedding was great, and we were glad to have it done with! lol. We hope that Shauna and Wes have a great couple years in VA while he finishes his bachelor's. Then hopefully they'll end up in Provo, closer to me! I want to squish their baby's cheeks and watch our kids play together :) When they have them, of course.
Being in the temple made me really remember my wedding day. All of the same people were there (on my side, of course) and it was just so fun to walk into the sealing room and see all the faces that were there to support Scott and I. I remember the feelings that I had as I knelt with him and covenanted to love him for all eternity. I think I have that one covered :) As for how to keep him in love with me, I have no idea! lol
The reception was fun. My mom held Ellie pretty much the whole time and Scott had Addy so I got to just see everyone that came through. Spokane is such a great place. I also had so many people comment about how much Scott loves his little girls and how evident it is in everything he does. He danced the father/daughter dance with both of them and it was over before I could get to the van and back with the camera, but it melted my heart. Those little girls sure love their daddy. Ellie smiles at him no matter what mood she's in and Addy cries when he leaves. Today when he left for work it was so sad. He had been laying on the floor with her with her princess sleeping bag and when he got up and said he had to go she followed him everywhere saying, "no daddy!" And "come lay down daddy!" I love that man more than I can say!





























Such a beautiful day, family, boys, girls, everything. Thank you for sharing. I am glad I was able to see it somehow.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! Fabulous pictures, beautiful bride, family and wonderful day. Yes I agree you have some good looking brothers. Such adorable pictures of you and your family. Thanks for sharing. Becka does have a nack for doing hair. She's fabulous! Was wondering who did her hair all the time.
ReplyDelete