A few days ago, I wrote a political post and it got some discussion. Which is what I didn't really want haha. But I guess that's what you get when you put some very strong opinions out there. So, today, I want to write about something fun :) And what do I do that is fun? Well, be a mom of course! So this post is about our Fall/Halloween fun. I have actually really enjoyed the cooler weather this year. Usually I dread it but this year I have found some little joys to help me enjoy Fall. I have always loved Fall decor. I love orange, so putting up orange pumpkins and candy corn and table cloths and clothes and such has always made me happy. But this year, I discovered several fun things to do with little kids in Rexburg.
First, is to visit the apple orchard. I did this a while back and bought quite a few apples, which I turned into jam and pie filling. That was really fun. I enjoyed doing it with my sister in law and our kids. I love the "you pick" thing. It's so fun to taste several varieties and pick favorites. It's also great to get a mix to enrich the flavor of your baking. Also, Addy adores the orchard. She asks me all the time to go to the apple trees. She loves it so much, and that makes me love it.
Second is to play in the leaves. I love watching my girls crunch around and throw them in the air. And it's pretty great when Ellie tries to eat them over and over even though it makes her cry haha.
Third is to spend some time at the local library. I know that sounds silly, but ours does some great story times and has a whole wall of books dedicated to the season. It was fun to go with Addy and read tons of pumpkin books and ghost stories. She also loves this. She's such a bookworm.
Fourth is making sugar cookies. Addy was so stoked to have pumpkins and moons!
Fifth is the whole Halloween thing. I wasn't very into it this year. Scott and I didn't dress up. I had costumes for the girls that had been given to me and I was excited to put them in them, but other than that I was really pretty lame. But we had a great day and I am so excited for next year. I'll be looking for fun family dress up ideas. We had a ward trunk or treat and it was pretty fun. It was simple, but we were able to spend not too much time out in the cold and get Addy some candy and some fun. She was so excited to say "trick or treat" once she figured out that was all she had to do to get some yummy treats!
My mom bought this dress at the quarter sale for Addy when she was a baby. It was so fun to put Ellie in it!
Addy was so funny as a little bee! Her camera smile is getting more and more cheezy and I think it's hilarious.
Addy got this stamp trick or treating at the library and she made a whole page full of rocket ships haha. She loves it!
After the ward party.
Last night, a little kitty followed some trick or treaters to our house and so we let her in and played for a little bit. Then she sat outside for hours mewing and wanting in :( I wanted to just steal her but Scott pointed out that was probably dishonest and also that she had long hair, which we "don't want." But secretly, if she comes back, I'm gonna let her in again :) Shh, don't tell Scott! And I mean, come on, how can you look at that sheer joy in Addy's eyes and deny her that kitty! lol. She LOVED having a smaller, more tolerable cat to carry around.
And yes, I let her feed it...she was SO happy :) I love kitties.
I like this post better than the last one :) I mean, I meant every word of the last one, but I'm betting that no one will comment on this post implying that I'm so dumb and naive and have a charmed life... Love you all!



































No comments:
Post a Comment