Today I'm sorta out of it. I don't feel that great and my husband is working a 14+ hour day. I've been missing my weekends with him this semester while he's been mixing all the shows on campus. I've been missing really any evening with him...it seems like there's some kind of fireside or webcast every day. Last night my really good friend came over and we talked for a good three hours. It was much needed and I am so thankful. I know I'd be far beyond crazy today had it not been for her. And then another great friend from Star Valley surprised us today with a visit. It's so good to feel loved and needed. I miss my friends. My closest friends in my ward have all moved out of the ward. Luckily one of them still lives in this area! I am having some fun finding new friends through visiting teaching though. I visit teach the sweetest lady who has made me feel so welcome in her home. I think it's one of those cases where she's gonna help me a lot more than I will her. She has three girls and they make me miss my sisters. Also, one of them has red hair, which makes her my favorite :)
My girls are growing so fast! I mean, like, so fast. Addy talks a mile a minute. I mean, the girl can say "Marguritte!" lol. She loves to read and has many books memorized. She can run and jump and wiggle, which I never was as grateful for as I am now that her leg is healed. Ellie was my slow bloomer. Addy did everything so fast. Sat by 3 months, crawled by 6, walked by 9. Ellie just took her own sweet time. Until she decided she wanted to move. She learned to sit from her belly and for reals crawl on the same day. She now pulls herself up to things and can get to standing sometimes. She's got 4 teeth and more a-comin'. Both love their baths, and I love to hear them giggle together. Last night I put them in the bath (below) because Ellie was exhausted and whiny and teething. And all the sudden she turned into the happiest baby on the planet. I love it.
Ok, really, look at that smile! You can see her three bottom teeth that are through :) She does a good job of showing her teeth off when she smiles.Today Addy and Ellie have been playing together all day. Usually they play by each other but not with each other. But today Addy was including Ellie in what she was doing. It's been so fun to watch them! This is them playing the piano together. Also, Ellie is huge. She has been in her 12 month stuff for a month and she just turned 8 months old. I just took that shirt out of Addy's drawer because it's too small and tried it on Ellie today and it fits! I mean, she can grow an inch in it, but it totally fit. I wish they could stay little forever.
Kind of random and probably boring and braggy (what can I say, I love my girls). But I just wanted to share the cute pics :)



No comments:
Post a Comment