We had a wonderful Valentines Day. Growing up, my mom always did the 12 days of Valentines for my dad, and I am carrying on that tradition. So each day for 12 days, Scott got a little gift from me. Caffeine free pepsi, jolly ranchers, peanut m&m's, etc. I also got him a heavy duty ice cream scooper because he broke mine and told me that he didn't want another one like that because it would break. I also got one of his work shirts embroidered with the school's logos so that when he's backstage dumb students that work for center stage don't tell him that he shouldn't be there...apparently he looks young? Unfortunately, I did the wrong logo...but he says it still works because it separates him from random people...oops. I accidentally had them put the stage crew logo of the a/v productions one. Same thing, really. But I was still mad :/
I got to be in charge of dinner this year, so we made homemade pizza and had strawberry ice cream. Daddy brought the girls home chocolates and a bouquet of suckers. He brought me chocolate and some really fun earrings since I can't really wear dangly ones without Ellie tearing them out. They were hearts and flowers and are darling. Wednesday he brought me my favorite flowers, daffodils and lunch :) It was really nice.
Also, we had two surprise visitors! Raccoons. You can see their eyes, but we couldn't get any better a picture. Those things are WAY huger than I thought. And they also move kinda slow. Unless you're scaring them, I guess. Addy loved shining the flashlight and watching their eyes glow. It was pretty cool. I let Lola out later that night lol.
Sunday, Ellie wore the Valentines Day dress. She was a total grouch. This was literally the ONLY picture I could get. Gee, thanks Elise...
For Valentines day, (but mostly because I wanted to) I bought the girls matching outfits. They were only $3 at Walmart! They looked darling modeling them for me :) And the dresser in the background is the one I redid for their room. Love these two!
I am so grateful for February. I love spending the time thinking of ways to serve my husband more than usual. I like going above and beyond to let him know I appreciate and love him. I love how excited my kids get to make heart cookies and color butterflies made out of hearts. I just love love. And I have so much of it to be grateful for.
Now for some fun pictures off of my phone :) I got an iPhone a while ago, and it is usually closer than the camera, so if I need a quick shot, I use it. But I only transfer pics to the computer when my phone fills up...so here's a look back at the last month or so :)
Look who learned to sit at the table correctly?! And does it quite frequently, and then looks at me and smiles as if to say, "I'm so big!"
After once cutting onions with mom, Addy insists on wearing the onion glasses every time we cook. Also, this is her "tangled dress." It's the first thing she asks for in the morning and the nightly cause of a fit when we have to put jammies on. I have to sneak and wash it every once in a while, but it keeps her real clothes nice and clean.
One day we were going to meet dad for lunch and this was Addy's idea of a fashion statement...love my little hat girl.
I did a hot chocolate bar for scott's home teaching families. It was really fun and we got to know some great people in our ward. I always see these on pinterest and decided to give it a try. Definitely more for looks than real use, but it was fun anyway. And those rice crispie treats were seriously the best thing ever. And I mean, ever.
1/2 cup butter (the real kind)
1 16 oz bag mallows
drop of almond extract
8 cups cereal
Painting nails for V day
One day, Addy left her whales out. Ellie found them and promptly got them down, opened the box, and started chowing down. It was cute :)
Dancing in the kitchen while mommy cleaned. Addy was sure Ellie was modeling a tutu, just like her big sister.
My Valentines flowers
Learning all about the ladder...
The girls made cards for daddy :)
Saturday we took the kids to a pool in Idaho Falls. It was great and they both loved it. Addy asks me every single day if we can so swimming after lunch. I wish we could.
Have a good week everyone!









No comments:
Post a Comment