Well, it's been a busy week or two here at our house! We will go person by person :)
Scott has been working on getting BYU-Idaho's tour group ready to go (ordering speakers, demoing them, ordering cases, labeling and stenciling them, taking inventory, etc) and finishing installs in the BYU Idaho Center. I am realizing more and more how much of an audio engineer's wife I am. I can tell you all about that building. I could give one heck of a tour. And when Scott comes home and tells me that the delay timing on the center arrays and caliper speakers may by off a little once the left and right arrays are dead hung because they may have to adjust angles one more time, I know exactly what he's talking about. :) I can also tell you when the low end is too loud and identify feedback that is nigh untraceable to the human ear :) He's gearing up for next semester when it's his turn to be the monitor engineer and getting things ready and covered for when we welcome our baby girl.
Mommy has been a busy bee! My laundry room is gutted, cleaned, and organized, the storage room much neater now that I've replaced garbage bags with totes for storage, and the fan above the stairs is cleaned. I know the fan sounds like a minor thing, but without a ladder and with no way to actually reach the blades it was quite the task. I'm also growing a baby, which seems like it would just come naturally, but I'm exhausted by about 4 every day. So I know it's hard work :P
Addy is learning, learning, learning. It amazes me how fast she picks up on songs! She has quite the list of favorites. We sing one about the monkeys swinging in the tree and the alligator snapping them out one by one. Yesterday morning, in the middle of me singing it, she grabbed my arm with a serious look on her face. I was about to get after her about pinching mom but when I saw her face I asked what was wrong. She said, "Do NOT sing that song to Ellie Belly Baby momma." I said, "Why?" And she replied, "It is way too scary for her!" I got a good laugh out of that. She is also becoming quite the artist. She can draw circles and can write a few letters. She draws faces as well, and then adds legs to make people. She has also learned to draw a snail (a pretty convincing one too) and does it often. Addy loves her sidewalk chalk and finger paint. She is continuing to grow her vocabulary at alarming speeds. When she's being naughty I have to remind myself that even though she talks like a 4 year old she's only 2. :)
Ellie has gotten her top molars pretty much through and I can feel a bottom one about to break skin. It's been...rough. She's also converted to walking 100% of the time. She loves to let you know what she wants by pointing and saying, "That!" She also says "yeah" and shakes her head no when asked a question. She has become a little dramatic and when told no she usually flops down on the floor and cries or covers her eyes with both hands and cries. We're in for it with this one. She is so dang cute.
Baby Carter #3 is growing, growing, growing. Doc said today that everything looks great. Measuring right on schedule. Sticking way out in front because my placenta is anterior. Lovely. Only gained 12 pounds so far and she's kicking all the time. Can't wait! 7 weeks left!
Here are a few pictures. I have the kids' shoes and dress up clothes in their closet in diaper boxes and one night they decided that the boxes had a better use than storage...Ellie was especially proud of herself. Addy was a little nervous when I opened the door but admitted she was the mastermind when I brought the camera...punk.
We went to the park again and Addy got to use the big girl swing. I kept asking if she was ready to play on the slides yet and she said, "Nope. Not yet! I'm too busy swinging, so I can't try the slides." So funny how much she loves it!
Ellie is our little fearless girl. She will climb anything and slide down any slide. It will be a miracle if she never breaks her femur...
I was going to let Ellie paint but she was still really into her pizza, so I figured I'd just wait until another time lol. :)












No comments:
Post a Comment