We had a family reunion! For 4th of July we headed to Lovell, WY and Scott's parents' house. The girls were pretty good on the drive. We drove through Yellowstone Park for the first time (for trips to Lovell, anyway). I had mixed feelings haha. It was beautiful. But it was Summer and crowded and very slow going. There was no where to stop for food and very few restrooms for a pregnant lady traveling with two potty trained toddlers. But we got to see lots of buffalo, which the kids liked, and lots of water which they also enjoyed.
Once we got there it was all play! Thursday we roasted dogs and mallows and caught up with family. I held all the babies and we announced that we are having a boy. Everyone pretty much figured since we waited until we got there to tell them haha. Scott's sister who lives in PA was also there, which we weren't expecting until last minute so that was really fun. Her kids are Addy and Grace's age.
This is a picture of a really funny incident. Emily (right) had gone and gotten a bag of grapes to feed her baby a snack. Grant and Grace saw those grapes also. When Emily walked past the babies and into the kitchen to wash them, all 3 babies dashed after her. And when she brought them back they all followed and then plopped down in this circle, all with zero prompting from us. It was so cute! They all looked like little ducklings!
This is baby Aaden. He's the newest grandchild and was so sweet to snuggle. I stole him as often as I can. After all, I'm gonna have one of those soon!
Grandma Carter painted minion shirts for everyone. This woman is insanely talented. She has a cake business that she does out of her home and her cakes are PHENOMENAL. Like seriously amazing. Don't believe me? Check her out on Facebook at Evy's Creative Cakes :)
Grant and Grace were so stinking cute together! This was one of their exchanges. Grace rubbed his head from front all the way around and then knelt down and they hugged each other. Seriously, it melted my heart.
Also, this boy stole my heart. As you can tell. He was so stinking cute!
Grace and Grant also loved the dogs. They spent ample time petting them :)
Grandpa recently acquired a hot tub from a friend but rather than turning it on and getting it all hot and steamy, he filled it with the hose and created a pool for the grandkids. The kids LOVED it. In fact, Scott spent the better part of Friday in and out of that thing with all the little girls. It was adorable.
They weren't keen on holding still...Sorry for the blur but here's my little girls and their cousin Chevy in their minion shirts (photo credit to Evelyn).
And as is always the case, Ellie capture Grandpa's heart. :) It doesn't really matter whose grandpa, they're all a sucker for my Ellie Belle :) She kept following him around saying, "Hold me Grandpa!" He happily obliged.
Grandma and Grandpa rented a bounce house. Best. Idea. Ever. Don't ask me what Addy's pose is here though...
The last day of our reunion this is how our girls ended up in the hotel bed haha. They were so stinking tired!
Addy and Shaylee dancing together. They played dress up together pretty much the entire time :)
We didn't take enough pictures. We were too busy having fun! But we are so grateful we had the opportunity to go see Scott's family and see most of his siblings in one place. We really missed Sandy and her kids. They live in Mexico and weren't able to make it. We hope they can catch us next time!
Also, miraculously, we got a picture with the self timer on the camera and all of our kids smiled!




I can't believe those shirts are painted!!! Holy cow!!! So awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got as many pictures as you did. I missed a lot of the fun because I was just too busy keeping things going. I barely got near the bouncy house. I didn't get near enough pictures. I love the family picture. Can't believe we didn't get a big family pic. I'm glad you all had fun.
ReplyDelete