I love Fall. I believe I already stated that :) Addy's dream was to go to 3 pumpkin patches. So one weekend we took that challenge! It was great. I loved it. And so did the kids. Check out these sweet faces! And the best part? Check out their lack of jackets in the middle of October! The weather was perfect!
Pumpkin Patch #1 - RC Acres
Grace is at such a fun age! We are seriously loving everything about her personality right now. Her facial expressions kill us. Her stubborn independence is both mildly frustrating and wildly entertaining. I love her. Seriously.
Grace wanted to jump into this train ride with her sisters...she may have screamed the whole time. And Scott may have had to run to catch up with the train so he could jog alongside her. It was pretty entertaining to watch the poor girl who had to drive the 4-wheeler! lol.
They also had some kitties. And if you know Ellie you know that this was her personal heaven :)
This family picture cracks me up. I hate smiling in the sun. I can't keep my eyes open for my life. If it's mildly light outside I am squinting. And my kids like it as much as I do. Scott is the only one who looks kind of, maybe normal in this!
Patch #2 - You Pick Red Barn
The kids and their dad climbed the mountain of hay. The poor things came away with hay in their undies! It was kind of funny to watch Ellie squirm trying to describe the issue to me!
My kids were obsessed with these cutout faces. It was super funny! Ellie couldn't do it without her hands in the hole, Addy was bugged by that, and Grace wanted to stay in every single one of them for an inordinate amount of time. It was great :)
This patch had a little straw maze that was perfect kid size! The kiddos enjoyed navigating the curves and twists to get to the barn.
And in the barn? Ellie's heaven...again! The girl was thrilled! I love the pure joy in her face!
My favorite part of this picture is Ellie, sneaking in on Addy's kitty love! Seriously she makes me smile!
We let the kids ride the train, though I'm not sure I would do it again. It was fun and cute but it was expensive! It was $2 per person...I liked that the little ride at the other patch was complimentary. But it was cute to watch Grace point at all the pumpkins we were driving past :)
Patch #3 - Fall Family Festival (by Treehouse Nursery)
This patch was definitely our favorite! Though the pumpkins were a lot cheaper at RC Acres, the entertainment and fun were so plentiful at this little festival. It cost $3 per adult to get in but everything from there was perfect and so fun! You start your little walk with a fairy tale forest. This family who opened this patch built all of these houses and cutouts themselves. I was VERY impressed. And Addy loved reading the stories and pretending to be the characters.
The best part by far was the corn pit. Dried corn kernels a foot and a half deep in a large pit. Buckets and shovels to play with. The kids were in heaven. And let's not lie, the adults were rather excited about it as well :)
This was so fun! The kids loved being buried and burying each other. It was totally worth the entrance fee, in my opinion.
They also had a hay ride :) The kids thought it was pretty awesome. They don't look exactly thrilled but they were! Poor Grace had a little mishap :( She fell between the tractor and the platform and got a huge mouthful of dirt and a bit of a scratched up face. But she recovered quickly and loved the hay ride. I felt like such a terrible mother, letting my 17 month old climb onto the hay without me right there. You can bet that will only every happen once...
Ellie isn't into smiling in pictures lately...but I love her little somber, thoughtful face. I love my babes! And I loved our pumpkin patch weekend!
One weekend dad had to work some conference thing or something so we took the opportunity to visit him at lunch and have a picnic and a fun walk through the campus gardens. My kids loved the shaped trees and the fact that all the apples were worm eaten except for two perfect ones right on the way out of the orchards. It was great!
I love my sweet girl. She's so spunky and sometimes so rotten! But she's so good. And such a happy little person. I love being with her.
The next weekend we carved pumpkins! Addy was all into digging out the guts, as long as she had a glove. I seriously laughed until I cried! Oh, and of course, she wouldn't wear clothes because she didn't want to get them dirty and since it was 70+ degrees outside and I hate laundry I obliged lol.
Ellie was SO not going to do it, glove or not. It was hilarious to watch her sit there and watch, with her hand on her belly and a look of disgust on her cute little face!
My kids have the best dad in the world. He took them downstairs and spent over an hour with them picking out stencils for their pumpkins and then he carved them with/for them. Addy was so proud of her toothless pumpkin (How to Train Your Dragon) and Ellie was THRILLED with her Hello Kitty. I would have skimped and done five minute jack-o-lanterns :)
The next weekend, after my amazing sister-in-law had her sweet baby boy, I couldn't resist a weekend trip to Utah. And since Ali only had one class on Friday and a great teacher who let her out of it, we headed down together. We stayed with Shauna and visited with sweet Shane, Heather, and James :) I was in baby heaven and it made me even more anxious to have my own baby boy! The girls LOVED being at Shauna's house and were great the entire time. We kept so busy. I am so grateful that my siblings are my best friends. Check out this baby boy and how much he was loving his auntie Shiloh!
It made my baby seem so big and I know that when I have a newborn she'll be weirdly huge. I can't believe how fast this girl seems to shoot up!
I put baby Jordan to sleep for a 4 hour nap! He really never does that and I was proud to be the one with magic touch. And also, he snuggles. So really it was a 3 way win...Shauna, JJ, and I loved it. Grace, on the other hand, was jealous as all get-out. I'm a little nervous for when there's a baby that lives with us...
I volunteered Shauna for the girls' nail painting skills...Addy did the pink ones and Ellie the blue. The awesome part? Sunday, after we left, she went to get her nail polish remover so she could wear sandals to church and realized she had left it at my mom's before moving! So she had to switch her whole outfit to hide them! I laughed so hard!
And here's baby James! I love him so much. He was so tiny and sweet and seeing my brother as a dad was one of the best feelings ever. He finally understands my whole life :)
Shauna helped the girls bake a rainbow cake. They loved stirring in the colors and licking the bowls :)
We hurried home for Addy's primary program on Sunday. We were sad to leave, but we had a good trip home. The girls did so well. Addy was so good the next day for her program. She was so cute. She got up and said her part all by herself. I may have teared up. And I also got to play the piano for the program so it was doubly fun!
Because the kids begged, we went for a second little run to the corn box. It was a lot colder and windier this time around, but the fun abounded!
I couldn't get my kids to keep their coats on, so I finally demanded they either wear them or we leave! But they discovered snow angels and it made them so happy, even though every time they tried to stand up all the imprint just fell in on itself!
Excuse my thumb in the picture but Grace was so cute and fun!
Another one of our desserts. :) Candy corn jello cups. We also had pumpkin sugar cookies and caramel apples. It was a great month for treats :)
And then, of course, we ended the month with Halloween! It was so much fun. We went to the drive in theater for a free showing of Monster House and a trunk or treat Friday night. The kids loved it and they watched the whole movie. My back window of my van is COVERED in sticky, popcorn handprints. It was pretty fun. I loved snuggling in the back with the seats folded down and blankets all around :)
This picture is so Addy...and Ellie just staring at her like she's so befuddled by her personality. We all are, Ellie. We all are!
Halloween day was packed full of fun! Orange cinnamon rolls for breakfast started us off right!
Pumpkin painting was a messy hit. I'm not sure why we did bathtime and then painting time...I had to cut Scott's hair so I threw the kids in the bath so they'd be busy while I did that. And then they asked to paint and I couldn't say no! It was so fun!
Then we played toilet paper bowling. The kids liked it, but not as much as Scott's mummy idea...
Next we headed into town for a little Hocus Pocus at Hemming Village. A little carnival with candy and characters and a train ride. The kids LOVED it. It was cold, so excuse their poor, wind-blown hair and smiles, but we all had a great time. Ellie was especially excited about Mickey and Minnie, but as I mentioned before she's not a fan of smiling in pictures lately and it was super cold and windy so she was particularly not smiley (for the pictures, but put the camera away and she was all giggles and grins)!
Halloween night we joined some of our friends for a candy cannon shoot-off and then headed to the church for trunk or treating. The kids had so much fun and I loved that they all wanted to be kittens. They were so cute and I loved it.
I am SO pregnant...a week and a half left and baby comes if he hasn't already! Everyone loved our pumpkin shirts and I am so glad I have an artsy husband who can make them when I sit down to do it and chicken out!
Gracie loved the idea of everyone giving her candy, and candy falling from the sky was so fun for her! I loved watching her unwrap her candy and shove it in her mouth before mom could stop her. The kid ate nothing else all day, but hey, that's healthy once a year, right?
As always we were so happy to have Aunt Ali with us for the festivities. It was great fun :)
As you can all see, we have had such a great and fun October. We are so grateful for our beautiful children and the amazing community that we live in that allows us to have so much fun on such a budget. I can't wait to have my 4 babies next Halloween to dress up as the 3 little pigs and the big, bad wolf :) If I can convince Addy to go along :) Happy October everyone!

















No comments:
Post a Comment