We woke up Sunday morning and had some yogurt before church. My Ellie LOVES yogurt! She was also VERY entertained by the candle in it :)
Ellie got to open one present early (before time for cake and ice cream). She was so thrilled to find a "big mickey and minnie!" Thank you D.I. for the magical $2 gift! I felt like the best mom ever!
Addy and I had gone to the store to pick things for Ellie's birthday the night before. Addy was so cute helping me pick all the things for the party. She decided that a Minnie Mouse theme would be appropriate. I agreed. So here are our cupcakes :)
I felt so bad for Addy! It's no fun being sick on party day, and I'm pretty sure she was sick on Ellie's birthday last year too! She fell asleep on my new spongey rug because it was "warmer than the floor and I wanted to be in the kitchen with you guys!"
After a taco dinner it was present opening time! Ellie was so sweet and thankful. She really is the sweetest, most giving 3 year old I know.
She really liked her doctor kit :) I love her face!
For a while now, Ellie has been wanting a black baby like her Uncle Jet. So I found her one :) She was pretty excited and now she plays with him all the time. He's a boy like Jet and his name is Jet, like Jet :)
Addy has a princess backpack that she takes to the library with us to fill with books. Ellie is always so jealous :) She was very excited to get her very own library backpack!
Love my goofy girls :)
We saved Addy's gift for Ellie to open when Addy woke up. Sorry for the undie picture, but it was so sweet. Addy got Ellie a new Minnie mouse movie and a flu bug for her birthday! Ha!
Addy won "best gift!'
Ellie had a great birthday. It was a day where we focused on her and that was nice. She is the classic middle child. Addy gets attention because she demands it. The baby and Gracie still need so much help. And sometimes Ellie gets lost in the middle. But not on her birthday! She loved it! In fact, she asks me every morning if it's still March and if that means it's her birthday again haha.
After that we all got sick. Like, really sick. The poor baby even got it. I was down and out for two weeks and am just now getting back to it! Seriously, it was a pretty crappy little while there...but I love that Ethan snuggles when he's sick. My girls have always just wanted to be left alone, even as babies. I soak up all the snuggles I can!
Oh, a couple days after her birthday Ellie got a little present from Aunt Ali in the mail :) A Missionary picture and balloons just for Ellie. She was thrilled.
And just because I thought they were too funny not to share, here is Grace. This is a balloon that I had blown up days before, but she wanted to be like mom and blow them up. Her face cracks me up and she was blowing so hard! I love that spit fire baby!
More sick snuggles. I love that Ellie always wants to hold Ethan's hand. And he stops crying when she does that and sings to him. She's by far the most interested in him and she's my biggest help with him. It surprises me a little bit, but I will take it! I love my two "E" babies!
Happy 3rd birthday my Ellie Belle! Mommy and daddy love you so much. You are the sweetest, most caring little girl I've ever met. You're facial expressions crack me up and your sensitivity melts my heart. I am so glad you got to have a good birthday princess. Hope 3 is your best year yet!
Stats:
- Weight: 32 pounds (65th percentile)
- Height: 37 inches (50th percentile)

No comments:
Post a Comment