Okay. This incident literally had Scott rolling, crying, and I swear he peed his pants a little. He seriously laughed so hard, and requested that I record the story. So here we go :)
Yesterday (Sunday) morning, everything went as it usually does. Kids were up bright and early. We ate some breakfast, and the kids played quietly while I showered, got ready, and packed the diaper bag. Scott was busily finishing preparing a lesson. Several time throughout the morning, Addy and Ellie told me that they heard a weird noise and that they were scared. I was trying to tell them that sometimes things just make noises. The ice machine dumps ice cubes out, the garage door opens and closes, the dishwasher clicks over to a new part of the cycle, etc. They kept telling me they had heard a sound that was like "Give me my glove!" and "I want to find my sister." I didn't think much of it. I just assumed they were make believing.
But then it started getting a little weird...After church, Addy kept talking about these noises. She was telling me where she was sitting when she heard each one, and it was a lot of places. Like, she would say "Mom I was over there by that chair and you weren't in here and I heard 'I want to find my sister.' And then I was in my room and I heard 'Give me my glove!' again!" Scott tried explaining all the noises our house makes again and we just tried to brush it off, but honestly guys, I was weirded out. I'm really not a superstitious or wary person, but I was starting to think there had to be something to this. Addy and Ellie were agreeing on their points, and they had definitely heard these two sayings multiple times, and all of them were when Scott and I were absent from the room. I'm not saying I thought my house was haunted, but I was wondering what the heck was going on. I mean, the two didn't even seem related.
A few minutes later, Addy says "Hey mom, did you know this Elsa stuffed animal you bought at DI has a button?! I didn't know that! I bet she talks!" I hadn't realized this, and had washed it in the washing machine...so I told Addy I didn't think it would work anymore. Then she pushed it and it did work! Scott said, "Wow! Let me see what she says!" and held the doll to his ear and pressed the button. Then we heard "Give me my glove!" and "I want to find my sister!" LOL
Scott didn't stop laughing for an hour. The girls were so irritated that he thought it was so funny! This whole time, Addy had been carrying around this doll and inadvertently pressing the button, causing her to say the phrases she had heard, but none of us knew the doll could talk! Seriously. Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious...and quite a relief!

No comments:
Post a Comment