The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

This is happiness

Shauna and I have a rule. We do not go more than 2 months without seeing each other. Really it would be stupid to since we are both totally dependent upon one another to keep our sanity and we are only 3 hours apart. This time it was Shauna's turn to come see us :) And we got the added bonus of my dad planning my mom a weekend trip for Valentine's day to see the grandbabies (but mostly so my dad could meet Evalee :). My girls were so excited to meet and hold their new cousin, the first girl cousin on my side of the family. I don't think Shauna was here for two minutes before we took these pictures lol.


Grace had been saying for days that when Evie got here she was gonna hold her hand and say "nice to meet you Evalee." And she did. It was hilariously cute. Here is a video from a few days before she came. I did not prompt this at all, other than telling her she'd meet her cousin. I sure love my Gracie.

I love how much my kids love Shauna. It's the best ever. And she's so good to them. We always joke that we love each other's kids an irrational amount for the fact that they aren't our own :)


My brother is doing his business class where they actually have to run a business. They are doing wings and steak fries in the crossroads on campus. So we went to grab some! We had to park way up where no one with 6 kids in tow should ever have to park. But these two boys snuggled each other the entire half mile walk. I'm serious, we were all dying. Anyone who knows Jordan knows that this is not normal for him! They played together so well all week! They shared and laughed and chased and didn't ever even squeal or fight. That's boys for ya!

Mimi hogged Evalee. But I allowed it because we got 2 days with Shauna that she wasn't here for :)
Beefy and Jordan aren't super excited about holding Evie. But I guess that's just the age lol.
I mean, seriously, she just melts me. She's so perfect and smiley and content and she sleeps so dang cute!


We introduced Grandpa to the Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willem. They're our favorites. We get some every time we go to the library. Grandpa laughed and laughed with the girls. I love my dad.
Grace's favorite person in the whole world is "Untle Wessy." He is pretty great...


She's the cutes little naked ever!!!

My mom will hate this picture but it's the only one where he's not trying to push her off...he is smiling because he just stole her binky :)
And this is from a couple weeks ago, but it's so stinking cute. Ethan discovered drinking fountains at church and now he just dashes for them. I mean seriously, he beat us out of the chapel by a good 5 minutes yesterday, just wiggled through the crowd and made his way straight to the drinking fountain. At 15 months old he has officially hit the "oh my gosh, please go to nursery" phase where he refuses to sit on our lap and instead just gets into everyone's things, runs into the hall, tries to play the piano, etc. But I am actually enjoying it this time around. For the first time I'm not 8 months pregnant or toting a newborn so...my patience for his antics is a little more than it was with my girls, perhaps. Plus, he's just so dashing ;)

One more funny Ethan thing...so every day we facetime Shauna (seriously though, when we miss it we get depressed) and she always tries to get Jordan to say "Shiloh." So now Ethan has picked up on that. Jordan doesn't say it, but Ethan does, and he thinks it's Shauna's name! It cracks me up! And I encourage it because one thing that makes me sad about being a mom is that my kids don't call me Shiloh. I always loved how cute babies and little kids said it! And now I get to hear it all the time lol.


In short we had an amazing President's Day weekend with my family. Just as a side note, it was awesome to have my parents to ourselves (sorry siblings). They just got to be Mimi and Grandpa for a weekend and it was glorious. I hope they loved it as much as my kids did.

*Disclaimer: Tony and Torey were a great part of our weekend too, but somehow they didn't make it into any pictures...I guess that's what you get when you live here :S

No comments:

Post a Comment