I LOVE Valentine's Day. Probably a silly amount. But growing up, my mom always did a little 12 days of Valentine's for my dad and I adopted that tradition. I love it. It's so fun to come up with silly, simple, little gifts for my husband each day. It really helps me to focus on the positive and how much I love him. Because I really, really do. Especially lately. Turns out, if you spend more time with someone you love, you just love them more (at least for me lol). Truthfully, we don't spend THAT much more time together than we did when he worked at BYU-Idaho, but they are just different times. For one thing, he sees the kids every day, which wasn't always the case at BYU-Idaho. I get to watch him parent every day. And I have his help every day. He gets home at 4:30 instead of 11 at night so...I see him when I'm not totally wasted and half asleep. I see him for weekends, uninterrupted. For me, that's just so huge. Anyway, can you tell I LOVE our new job? I mean, for real. I thought that after 4 months the honey moon stage would be over but... ATS saved my life. It came at the perfect time for me and for our family and for our marriage (not that any of those things were in jeopardy, but we just really needed the change).
Okay. Valentine's Day. I apparently don't love it as much as our new job lol. SO the kids had a lovey dovey breakfast of heart pancakes :) They were all pretty excited :)
I don't really do gifts for the kids for Valentines day. To me, it's more of a husband/wife thing. But we do talk about loving everybody and each other and have a little treat :) They got little cups with some conversation hearts and pink sixlets. Ethan was so funny discovering them!
Scott and I kind of rotate who is in charge of the actual Valentine's date. I had 6 little bags with little gifts or activities in them all set up for him for when the kids went to bed. They all went to sleep within 10 minutes of bedtime, which was a miracle! We had so much fun together. It was such a great reminder of why we are best friends :) We can just laugh being silly and hanging out.
One of our little games was a challenge to see who could write our love story the best or most creative with 15 conversation hearts. It was so fun to read each other's stories and giggle about how we ended up married :)
Seriously, I don't know why, but this picture makes me so happy. Maybe it's because he's writing our love story. Maybe it's his glasses that I just think are super hot. Maybe it's that smile. And perhaps most of all it's that he's writing a love story with conversation hearts and going along with my mushy gushy game :) Let's be honest. It's the grilled pineapple! Mouth. Watering.
We cooked dinner together (appetizer night) and played a few games, had a bubble blowing contest (turns out you can blow giant bubbles with half a roll of bubble gum tape!) and I'll spare you the rest :) I love you so much Scott. You are so amazing and I am so glad that we are married. I am so glad that I chose you. I am so glad that we both ended up in our FHE group and that you dared to tell me you wouldn't date me (it's true what they say about forbidden fruit lol). I am so happy with our life and our marriage. You're the bestest ever. We love you so much. Happy February babe!

No comments:
Post a Comment