The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Our Precious Baby Girl

SHANE! Since I know you'll look at this I just wanted to say hello and congrats on your little baby niece! We love you and we know she will too! Work hard, pray harder!
This week, Scott and I had the wonderful opportunity to have our ultrasound and see our little baby GIRL! The tech put the wand on my tummy and said, "Well, this baby's not bein' shy! You are having a little girl!" It was awesome. She definitely wasn't hiding her girliness from us, but her head was a different story! She had it tucked in nice and tight and was NOT going to let us look at it, as you'll see as you continue. She measured really well though. Her heart has four chambers, she has both kidneys, a bladder, a stomach, and a brain. It's so incredible what they can see these days! She was in the 49th percentile for her measurements and weighs a whopping 10 ounces! Looks like we'll be having about a 7 pound baby, which mommy is thankful for :D

This is her little foot! This shot was pretty hard to get seems how she just kept moving and kicking me like crazy!
This was her finally letting us see her face and then before we could snap a shot, she put her little hands in an X right in front of it! Apparently once she realized what was going on she got a little camera shy!
This is our favorite :D Scott got all excited because she has my nose and lips :) It was pretty cute.
The 3-D ones were pretty cool, and we didn't think that we were going to get any, so we were pretty excited when the tech told us that they always do those. This is one of her little legs. Oh, we are SO in love!
Because she kept moving around so quick, this one got a little blurry, but you can still see that nose! So cute!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! It looks just like my sister Becca-Nae when she sleeps. Scott says it looks just like me sleeping, which I guess I've never seen. We are so excited to bring this little baby girl into the world!
This experience was so amazing for us! Our love for this little baby that we already thought couldn't grow anymore grew by a million miles, and we are SO looking forward to when we get to see her for real and hold her in our arms. This baby has been such a blessing to us and has strengthened our testimony of a parent's love and Heavenly Father's love for us as well as His tender mercies that he shows us everyday. We are so grateful that this baby gets to come to our home at this time and thank you all for your love and support.

2 comments:

  1. I love ultrasounds. They are my favorite part about the pregnancy. Congrats again...girls are so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Shiloh. You know, the thing about love, it always grows. I can't tell you how many times a day I look at one of my kids, take a deep breath, and realize I love them SO much. Being a parent is the best, being the mom is better.

    I love you Shiloh!

    ReplyDelete