Here is Scott jammin' with some guys in the ward. Props to Spencer, he's great on the guitar!
This little girl is my favorite! I LOVE HER! She has a baby sister that I constantly steal and she is just now starting to be okay with me holding Shae haha. She always gives me dirty looks and then comes and checks on Shae every few minutes just to make sure I'm not hurting her lol. She's hilarious. This is Annie helping me play the guitar :D
This little guy was my buddy! He was so cute and snuggly! I took him so his dad could roast a marshmallow and he just snuggled up so tight! I put him to sleep and then held him for about 3 hours. Addy did NOT like him haha. She kept kicking him. I guess she doesn't like bein' squished!
One fun date that we went on recently was a trip to the drive-in movie theater here in Rexburg. They do a double feature on the weekends so we got to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 (which was kinda a let down...) and Pirates 4. We had fun, and enjoyed the movies (both of us may have dozed a bit...)

The Saturday before the 4th, we decided to go with our neighbors to Driggs, ID to the Independence Day celebration there. John Huntsman's family puts it on (he's the one with the cancer research facilities and hospitals) and Glenn Beck spoke. We were SO excited!
They had a car show, and of course, I found the purple and orange cars (our fav colors)
The cars reminded me of my Gpa Jenks, who had TONS of old cars!
Man, I look chunky...
Eating cotton candy that turned my tongue blue. We were waiting for the pig race to start :D
It was SO hot! I'm so glad that we brought enough drinks for me to stay hydrated or I may have died. Here we are in the blaring sun. I thought it would be a great idea to block the sun from my eyes with the camera...pregnant brain moment...
Rachael, my bestie :D We were SO glad to have them with us!
Here's Cole. He and Rach are so fun to hang out with! Those aviators go really well with his creeper van...

This was about what we were surrounded by. HOLY PEOPLE!

The Glenn Beck talk was great! And it was so fun to hear him speak after listening to him on the radio and watching him on TV with my dad. His message was that God was and is involved in our country and that we are here for a purpose and have a work to do and that each of us need to do our work. It was such a great speech and it reminded me of how great a missionary he is. He isn't afraid to share his beliefs and share them proudly. What an example!
After that there were fireworks, coordinated with music and video about the history of our nation. It was REALLY impressive and we were so glad that we went. God bless America!
On July 4th we headed out to Idaho Falls to watch that fireworks show (which I guess is the biggest on this side of the Mississippi). It was also very hot! I didn't feel so good, and the heat was almost too much for me. I almost went home haha. Here we are after a trip to the outhouses. We found a spot of shade to sit in. It was nice.
Happier faces :D
Okay, it was honestly comical watching us set this dumb tent up. It was SO windy. I was in charge of holding it so that it didn't blow away while Scott was staking it out, but let me tell you, we moved a lot from the original spot we had it in haha. Even after we got it set up, the wind was making it collapse. Oh, Idaho.
My hubby is such a trooper! He dealt with me being too hot and was still super happy and upbeat! He always is. Such an example to me!
The fireworks were AMAZING! It was totally worth staying out in the heat...until the drive home! It took us 2.5 hours to make a 30 mile trip. It was ridiculous! Our car even started overheating and evaporated all our coolant. I think next year, we might just stick to Driggs. I can't imagine doing that with a baby!
This is my newest plant. It's called Song of India, and it's a little tree! I don't know why, but I really like plants lately...I only paid $5 for this one at the BYU Idaho plant store!
This is the sole survivor of my apparently inadequate care...bless Colby Jack's heart lol
Oh boy...almost done! Tonight I decided to make cinnamon roles for Scott while he's away at work to show him I love him. This is the dough rising. Ooooh, I'm good!
Rolled out and topped
Rolled up! With raisins only in half of them, might I add (you're welcome honey!)
MMMMM, rising again!
Baked and frosted! I love you Scott!

This month we are especially grateful to live in the United States and to have the freedoms that we do. We are so grateful for everything the Lord has blessed us with and know that we will continue to feel his hand in our lives. The gospel is true! And Shane, since I know you read this, we love you and I miss you like crazy! I dreamt that we came and visited you in Brasil, and then woke up really sad that we can't haha. Work hard, pray harder!

I am so jealous that you got to see Glenn Beck.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I know! It was so good and I was SO excited! I think my dad should come up next year if they bring him back...which I think they do every year. He has a house up here that he bought from the Huntsmans. The proceeds from this neighborhood they built goes to their cancer research facilities. It's awesome!
ReplyDeleteShiloh--I really need the recipe for those cinnamon rolls--I can almost smell them!
ReplyDelete