The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Adelaide Update!

Hey Shane! Sorry I forgot to get your email out this week! So I figured I would get you a good blog update on your niece :D I love you and hope you're doing well!
Addy is 3 and a half weeks old! I can hardly believe it! She has grown SO fast! Her stats are pretty impressive :) At her five day appt, she was 7 lbs and 19.5 inches long (unfortunately, I don't remember the percentiles from that appt).
Then, at her two week appt, she was a whole 8 pounds!!!! That's the 42nd percentile. And she was already 21 inches long, which is the 79th. I could NOT believe that she gained a whole pound! At her five day appt, they gave me the "We-want-her-to-be-back-to-7lbs4oz-by-two-weeks-or-you're-a-bad-mom" speech. Well take that! I'm a better mom than any of us thought!
Well at three weeks and 3 days, we weighed Addy again. Scott weighed himself with and without her and the difference was a whopping 9 pounds and 6 ounces! My little baby is turning into quite the chunkster! I LOVE IT! She has chubby little cheeks and her legs already have rolls! Im so excited to see how chunky she gets! I absolutely love this little munchkin!

Addy sleeping. I thought for sure that by the time I went and got the camera this face would be changed, but she held it for me! SO cute!
Here she is wearing her first 0-3 month outfit (She's outgrown most of her newborn things!)
I LOVE THIS OUTFIT! I wish the made clothes this cute my size!
Look at those big eyes!
Addy is also VERY good at holding her head up. No longer does she do the "bobble head bob." She just holds it up and looks around for minutes at a time. The other day she hit 20!

So alert!
This is a daddy face haha. I think she looks like Scott here :D
My mother, knowing our history with our tie-dye shirts (if you don't know you can ask me later and I might tell you; it's pretty embarassing), bought Addy a tie-dye onsie. However, when we put this on her on Sunday we could hardly snap it! Glad we got these pictures!
And here she is sleeping just yesterday. The purple butterfly blanket was curtesy of Nana :D We love you mom!
My mom also bought Addy these adorable pants :D So today I tried them on her and they fit! She's a growing girl alright, and we love her!
Well, that's our Adelaide! We sure love her! This weekend, Scott has to leave for a week-long training for work, and so Addy and I get to go to Spokane! And then we get to stay for the week of Thanksgiving too. I am so excited to see everyone there and for Addy-Lee to meet the rest of her uncles (except Shane, but that time will come :D). The gospel is true and families are forever, and we thank Heavenly Father for that every day!

3 comments:

  1. I love those pictures of her holding her head up! Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same speech from the Dr about Seth's weight gain...those Dr's just need to chill. You are a great mommy! I can't believe how big she is getting!

    ReplyDelete