We have been BUSY BUSY! This last month has been awesome! With less than a week of notice, Scott found out that he had to go to a training in Massachusetts for work. Luckily, his training was the week before Thanksgiving. We worked it out so that I would be able to go spend a week with my family while he was away and then he would come back and spend Thanksgiving week with us. We felt so blessed to be able to spend so much time with my family and let's just say that Grandma was no less than ecstatic!
This is the night before we left. We let Addy try out her Bumbo chair. Though she could only hold her head up for a few minutes, she thought it was fun...we think haha.

When we made it to my mom's house, we were greeted by this little rocking cradle thing that my mom had bought (for a QUARTER) as well as our swing, which she also bought for us (for a QUARTER!). I'm not sure what face this is...

Addy loved baths in the kitchen sink! She started smiling in response to us while we were in Spokane.

Levi holding her while I got him a drink.

This is Jill. Her little girl (who was at school :( ) is the one Adelaide is named after!


Uncle Tony


Grandma making a hat for Addy

Having a play day


Becca, Katie, and I made monkey bread. The kids had never had it before. It was a hit!

Uncle Koli

SO darling




After daddy being gone for 9 days, Addy and I were both ready for him to be home! He forgot his razor...hence the rather gruff look. The next day he got a shave and a hair cut!

Tired Daddy








My whole family! (Minus Shane, who's on a mission and Daniel and Jet who are still in Ethiopia waiting for the adoption to go through)



Grandma and her daughters

Four generation


My cousin Paisley. They had matching jamies!


My cousin Austin

One night, Scott and I went upstairs to have some alone time and Becca volunteered to watch Addy. About three hours later we headed downstairs to get our baby and my mom had no idea where she was! I looked and looked and finally found her here with Becca. I swear, this girl could be a mommy today! The hair under the quilt is Katie...I think they must have put the mattress on the ground in case Addy rolled off...such thoughtful Aunties :D

The day after Thanksgiving Scott and I went with my parents to chop down the Christmas trees (there's two real ones and one fake one in my mom's house). My parents had already gone out and tagged the ones they wanted on their property. Here my dad is thinking, "Are you sure this is really the one you want Lisa?"

And "Uh...let's find a shorter one..."

"OK, you're the boss."

Grandma taking a tumble

I think we trimmed....well, quite a few feet off lol

Cold baby! She LOVED being outside though!

My mom decided she was going to drag the tree out...


While my parents went to get the second tree, my mom decided she didn't like it that much anymore...so Scott and I headed back to the truck to feed the baby. While Scott was taking these pictures, Addy pooped ALL over. Worse blowout she's ever had (Yes, Nicole, worse than the one she had at your house lol).

This is her after her diaper change. Poor baby. Some one had taken my wipes out of our diaper bag, so we had to use freezing cold water on napkins that my mom thankfully had in the glove box! She didn't even cry. That's my perfect little girl!

Headed to a Lee family event

My cousin Emma...Addy looks mad, but sometimes she makes that face when she concentrates...




I LOVE this hat my mom made with little eyes on it! Hilarious!

Addy ready for FHE

We set up our Christmas tree for FHE after we hung out with our besties, Cole and Rachael.



Ignore Scott's face...but Addy is making her frown, which is perfect symmetrical! SO cute!

Sad face :(

Admiring the tree



Sleepy baby and mommy. This is what Scott found when he came home for lunch one day.

Precious

Addy likes to hang out in here while I clean. It's rather entertaining.


OK, I like how I edited this, but my dad thinks it's creepy and Scott says it's "artsy..." Hmm...whatever, I like it!

Well, that concludes my long post. We made an offer on a house tonight, and we'll hear back on it soon. We really hope that we get it. It would be perfect for our growing family (no, I'm not pregnant again yet lol).
Uncle Shane, keep working hard. The gospel is true. I have come to this realization more and more as I continue to be a mom and as I continue to study and pray. Families are forever and we are so blessed in our lives. Work hard, and pray harder. Love you little bro!
Uncle Shane, keep working hard. The gospel is true. I have come to this realization more and more as I continue to be a mom and as I continue to study and pray. Families are forever and we are so blessed in our lives. Work hard, and pray harder. Love you little bro!

I love all of the pictures - yes, even the "artsy" one :) That picture of her WIDE eyes in the carseat cracks me up! I love her!! And I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and post...looks like you had a busy, eventful, but enjoyable holiday! Thanx or sharing.
ReplyDelete