The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Groundhog in My Yard

The other day, I was looking outside over my kingdom and saw something that I thought was a stump in the middle of my yard. The second glance revealed a groundhog. In my yard. Awesome. I watched as it slowly edged its way toward the sprinkler. It wanted to get wet :) After it stayed for a while and I wasn't scared that it would be gone when I went to get my camera, I decided to snap some shots. This is from my fake deck (A metal thing they just set outside the back kitchen door lol).
I then decided I would just get as close as I could. I was so stoked when I got this shot! I was "so" close to it!
And then I just got closer...
and closer...
and closer until I was standing in the planter with the groundhog. It got up on it's hind legs, as pictured, and gave me a good stare down. Then I realized that if this thing bit me I might need stitches, and Scott was at work and Addy was getting ready to go down for her nap. That would have ruined my whole day. So I went back inside and smiled so big cuz I was SO brave :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Maybe you made a new friend! Whatcha gonna name him? We have a pet Toad, Wart, that shows up on our back porch at night! Lol

    ReplyDelete