Well, the last couple of days have been busy, busy, busy! Monday, Ellie and I waited patiently until it was time to go get our Big Sister! Lola has been very curious about Ellie, but has not gotten any closer than this. She'll sit there and guard her!
Took this pic for my mom, who sent me a pic of Addy's hair in a mohawk. I had to laugh because Ellie's little mohawk is as long as Addy's was just a few short months ago!
Sweet, sleepy face. I'm already obsessed.
On our way to get Addy (we met my parents in Deer Lodge for the trade), Ellie was the best little car buddy! She nursed once and happily looked at mommy and slept the whole way. I love those puppy dog eyes :)
Upon arrival in Deer Lodge, we found out that my parents had been delayed an hour on the pass, and so we had some time to kill. We found a Pizza Hut and I filled my craving for a good salad and Scott filled his every-day-all-the-time-psychotic craving for pizza. Then we drove back to McDonald's; the meeting place.It wasn't very long before my parents pulled in! I was finishing nursing Ellie, so I stayed in the van, but Scott jumped right out and ran to get his little girly. She was SO excited to see him. I walked over and she about cried when I went to give her a hug. She wanted that daddy! But Scott put her in the car with the baby and me and she quickly forgot about anything but Elise. She explored every inch! It was so precious! I didn't even have to tell her once to be soft. I didn't even have to watch real close, though I did because it was so precious. It was like they'd known each other all along, which I know they have.
Addy had lost a pound and a half before going to my mom's and she gained those back, plus another 3 pounds! She looked HUGE to us. Everything about her. Her face, her feet, her fingers. I changed her diaper and was amazed at how huge those buns and thighs are! It was kinda freaky. She didn't look the same to me at all. And, let me tell you, I have gotten weeney! I went to pick her up and about threw out my back...and I thought, "I lifted that 39 weeks pregnant?!" She's so heavy!
Daddy's girls :)
When we got home, Addy just sat here for quite a while, staring at her sister. She's as in love as we are.
Levi also came along with my parents, so he got to be the first of Ellie's aunts or uncles to meet her. It was so cute :) I have pictures of him with Addy when she was a newborn.Having two babies has been both fun and challenging. Addy is getting her fourth eyetooth and I think some back molars. She is also coming off of attention 24/7 and 13 kids to play with all day. So she's having a hard time adjusting to sisterhood. However, today she was good all morning. No whining or fit throwing :)
Took the babies to the doctor on Tuesday. Ellie is doing great at 20.75 inches and 7 pounds 7 ounces. Addy's lungs sounded good and clear. Doc Jones says they're both perfect. I'm so grateful that he cares so much about my babies. We've been very blessed. I love my girls!










No comments:
Post a Comment