This week has been...interesting, for sure! First of all, I had a doctor's appointment on Monday for baby and me. Everything was great, baby doing well, healthy and strong and kicking WAY too hard!
Tuesday, Addy woke up with a runny nose. And I thought to myself, SERIOUSLY? I have done everything to prevent her from getting sick before the baby comes! Later Tuesday, I was talking to Courtney, a friend who just had a baby boy Monday. She was telling me that no children under the age of 18 are being allowed at the mother and baby unit due to RSV. I got sad that Addy wouldn't be able to come see me and Ellie, and called my mom crying. She told me it would be okay, just take pictures of Addy and Scott coming to get Ellie and I at the hospital, and it was worthy Ellie's safety to just sacrifice that experience. I got okay with it.
Wednesday, Addy woke up with a cough and a runny nose. At this point, I thought, she's teething. Her fourth eyetooth is coming in, and she has eczema on her cheeks (which happens a lot when a tooth is breaking through) and she's just coughin' occasionally and it doesn't sound bad. Maybe she'll be over this by the Tuesday when Ellie is born.
Thursday, cough, runny nose, sore throat :( I had a strong feeling I should have Addy tested for RSV so I called and made an appointment for later that morning. The doc listened to her lungs and said it didn't sound like RSV so we probably didn't need to do a test. Okay. Then he looked in her ears and found that she has her very first ear infection. Well, that explains it, I thought. The doctor left to call in the antibiotic and came back to tell me it was done. I just had a feeling that she should be tested, so I told him I would like to do it anyway. The test was positive. I was so panicked! So the doctor put her on steroids and a nebulizer to prevent the RSV from becoming a lung infection. Addy was still doing really well. It was just like she had a cold. She wasn't super grumpy and she was eating and sleeping normally. Here she is with her new "hat." She always manages to find this container and wear it around. :)
Friday, I could tell she was sicker than just a cold. The poor baby wouldn't eat hardly anything (even mac and cheese) and was GRUMPY. She also didn't drink much. At this point, I am freaking out. Are we going to have to push my induction? Who am I going to get to watch Addy? Everyone that I had lined up has babies under a year old. Is Scott going to be able to be there for the birth? Freaking. Out.
Addy took an hour and fifteen minute long bath. It was her first bubble bath and she was just not going to get out! She was so happy in there, it was like she wasn't even sick. She even gave me her cheesy smile when I asked her to smile :) I painted my nails because my aunt Louise made fun of me on FB about not being able to see my toes. It was...uncomfortable lol. But I did it!
She had some PEA WRINKLED little fingers and toes!

Saturday, after throwing up in the middle of the night, Addy threw up again. She wasn't eating or drinking and her diapers weren't getting wet. So I called my doc and he said to try super hard to get her to drink anything I could, even if it was soda, just to calm her tummy and get her to drink water. He told me to watch for dehydration. He said the puking is probably being caused by her not being able to get rid of mucous and it getting in her stomach instead. Addy, Scott, and I spent the day at home reading in Addy's tent. She LOVES books. By the end of the day, I'm so tired of reading I want to do something that kills brain cells!
LOVE her little curls around her ears. The back of her hair gets some cutesy little curlys too. I am smitten :)
Sunday, we're doing okay. My parents have decided to come late tomorrow night and stay with Addy while I have the baby. Then they will take Addy home with them Wednesday, where she will stay until Saturday. This way, she will probably be done being contagious and is safe to come home to her sister. Yikes. I know this post is SO long and boring, but let's be honest. Most of you just peek at the pictures :P
This has been quite the roller coaster for me. I like to have a plan. I like everything to go according to that plan. Heavenly Father repeatedly teaches me that my plans are not important, and His are, and things will only go according to my plan if He says so. I was so looking forward to this delivery being perfect. My epidural was going to work, Addy was gonna come and meet her sister and spend time with mommy. I was going to feel great afterwards, etc. Let's just hope that Heavenly Father sticks to the part about the epidural...cuz last time was NOT fun! lol
Two more days! I'll post pictures when baby is born :)









Oh Shiloh, what a week! Bless your heart....I will be thinking of you...hoping all goes well. I love your little family.
ReplyDelete