The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 24, 2014

Blessed

When we found out we were pregnant, I so badly wanted another girl. I love that Scott refers to his family as "his girls" and I love all the bows and frills and princesses and butterflies. I love the hair and the shoes. I'm comfortable with girls. And I wanted 3 more than anything.
Then I got sad. Because I was hardly nauseated at all. Like, at all. Instead I had horrid headaches for the first 16 weeks. I have hardly had any heartburn, and with my previous two girls, I had it consistently, every day from 14 weeks on. With both girls, I felt them move by 17 weeks, and nonstop until delivery. This time, I barely started feeling movement by 20 weeks. Why does all this make me sad? Because I was positive we were having a boy. Like, totally, 100% convinced. So then, every time I saw a boy baby I tried to picture myself with one. While I was in Spokane, I grabbed some baby boy jeans and shoes at the quarter sale. And guess what? I tricked myself into wanting a boy. I wanted a boy so badly! I wanted to watch Scott wrestle with a boy and I wanted to dress him in orange. I wanted to buy new clothes and blankets. I wanted to use my mom's Noah's ark crib set that she bought when they brought Jet. I wanted a boy SO. BAD.
I seriously had ZERO question in my mind. I dreamt about our little boy and started calling the baby a he. I was in love. And then the ultra sound tech said, "It's a girl!" I was really sad at first. I had just spent at least 6 weeks becoming stoked about a boy. But after about 3 days of playing with my girls I realized how lucky I am. First of all, to be having my third baby with no complications or trouble conceiving. Secondly to be bringing girls into this world, where I can teach them to be good mothers, which is the most important calling a woman can have. So now, I am back to wanting a girl. I just can't wait!
Anyway, here are some fun pictures from our last week or two. We can't wait to welcome baby Carter #3! I have a feeling the name may be a delivery room decision as we have absolutely no ideas and I can only tell you what I hate, not what I like. :S
 Oh, also, we had the flu. It was terrible. I was the only one who didn't get it. Scott was home two days from work with fevers on and off and then my poor babies got it. Addy is the sweetest sick girl. It's such a blessing. She sleeps all night long (only waking up once for a drink and some snuggles). And she just quietly suffers through it while watching movies all day. She probably enjoys being sick. I swear I watched Toy Story 3 ("Jesse") fifty times that week. Here she is laying on my bed without a sheet because she had puked on it. The first day she felt better she told me, "Addy puked in mommy's bed. And in Addy's bed. And on the floor. And in the tub. But it's okay. You still love me." It was really sweet.
 Poor Ellie is less tolerant. She NEVER sleeps on us. But there was one day when she would ONLY sleep on me. Not even her daddy. I really rather enjoyed it.
 A friend of the family saves her little girls' clothes for me. We have really appreciated their thoughtfulness and generosity. This shirt was in the most recent box. Addy has, coincidently, been on a thing with dinos lately. She runs around roaring saying, "I'm a dinosaur!" I was her hero of the day when I found this gem :)
 Naughty baby! She has it all figured out. She knows how to climb on top, sit on the bench, and stand up to it and knock Addy's towers down, which is followed swiftly by a loud squealing that sounds like the screams of the damned on the racks of Hades. Okay, not that bad, but it gets old fast lol.

 This last week we had a day where it got over 30 degrees! So we ran outside to play!
 Lately, Addy has been super into her Hello Kitty nightgown. Like, she refuses to take it off. Ever. And if we have to leave the house and I make her change, the instant we get home she wants to put on her "pretty dress." Today I told her it had to be washed, so we found an alternative. When I put it on her she said, "I look like Tangled mommy!" and immediately found Ellie a dress and some "slippers." She, of course, wore her new shoes we found today at D.I. And her "king," which is what she calls crowns lol.

 Tonight, Daddy spent some time taping Addy's umbrella, which has been bent and broken in every place it could be. That girls loves it. Anyway, he had some left over tape. So we snapped a picture for Grandpa. Go Seahawks!
And here she is in her darned Hello Kitty dress earlier today while we played :)
Helping mommy with dinner tonight


1 comment: