The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 2, 2015

Gratitude Journal IV

Monday Dec 1
Today I am grateful we had a safe trip home. We were supposed to stay in Spokane but the car Scott was driving had issues and we ended up coming home. We didn't get here until 3 AM but I am so thankful our kids were so good on the drive. 

Tuesday Dec 2
Today I am grateful for my daddy! Happy birthday! He has been such an example and strength to me my entire life through. I am also grateful for how well addy and Ellie played while I unpacked and did laundry. I got a lot done today because they let me. 

Wednesday Dec 3
Jalepeno cheese bagel with cheese and turkey pepperoni and diet squirt. Thankful for the people who invented diet drinks. And jalepeno cheese bagels. And pepperoni. And the husband who brought it to me for dinner in the middle of his twelve hour day. And my kids who, while being totally rotten, managed to give me some amazing snuggle for a few seconds there.

Wednesday Dec 4
Today I am grateful for my brother Shane. It's his birthday :) 23 years of friendship down! Just today he called me to help him proofread a paper. And I did. And it was awesome! I am so thankful that he found the love of his life and married her. I am so thankful that I love her so much! And I am so grateful for the example that Shane is to me of missionary work, being an example, and loving friendship. Thanks for calling me while you walk between classes and thanks for marrying me a friend. Love you Shaney!

Friday Dec 5
Today I am grateful for patience. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't and today has been very stressful but I've kept my cool (pretty much...). Scott is stuck at work trying to solve issues before the Christmas concert rehearsal tonight. And he'll be there until at least 10 but more likely 11. And Ellie is on one. Bad. But I have handled it well compared to how I normally do. And I managed to clean the garage so Scott can park in it :) he's gonna be so proud!!

Saturday Dec 6
Today was amazing! I got to spend most the day with my amazing husband. Then I got to go to the Christmas show with one of my very best friends Nicole. We had such a good talk and it was so good to see her! It had been 2 weeks! And Scott did an amazing job and I'm excited for him. Love him!

Sunday Dec 7
Today I am grateful for the opportunity to watch the Christmas devotional. I love this time of year. It's very stressful and busy with Scott's job involving all the Christmas concerts but I still love Christmas and the traditions we have formed with our little family.  Grateful that listening to the prophets voice gets to be one of those traditions. 

Monday Dec 8
Today I am so so so thankful that after the long long week of Christmas concert, Scott took today off to be with the girls and me :) AND he cleane my shower. Like, took the doors off and cleaned every nook and cranny. He's perfect for me. 

Tuesday Dec 9
Today was a really crappy day. Like, super. So...I'm grateful that tomorrow when I wake up it's not gonna be today. Sorry, that's all I've got. 

Wednesday Dec 10
Today I am so grateful for Scott. I felt really icky this morning so he stayed home with me. He had to go in for a little while this morning and again tonight but he stayed with me the majority of the day. I just felt sick to my stomach. I am also grateful for how well my girls are learning to play together. The more Ellie talks the more addy enjoys her company. Tonight we had a girls party while dad was at work and we painted nails, watched a show, ate jello, and played potato heads. Look how big they're all getting!

Thursday Dec 11
I'm thankful for the little things. And how my kids' fresh outlook on everything helps me see the world in a new light. Tonight while daddy looked for my Christmas present we got to look at animals in pet smart. They love it. Every little thing is exciting to them. It was so fun!

Friday Dec 12
Today I am thankful for the music department on campus, and specifically the amazing nori brower. She leads vocal union, the group Scott worked with when he was a student. We visited Scott tonight for dinner while he was working a show of hers. She made the girls and me feel so welcome and loved. Unfortunately with Scott's department that's not always the feeling. Her kindness and gratitude for Scott's hard work and her awareness of his life outside of work brought me to tears. I am so thankful for how she treated us tonight. She even told us we could stay for dress rehearsal, which we did for a little while. The girls loved the jazz instruments and the Rudolph and frosty they had :) Ellie cried when frosty left lol. It was so much fun. I am also thankful for amazing neighbors and friends. When I got home my door was wide open and one of my friend's husbands came over with his gun and checked out y house before I brought my kids in. I love living in Idaho where people have guns lol. :)

Saturday Dec 13
Addy was sick all night. I'm grateful that she felt better today and that she's such a sweet sickie. Also thankful for little pea wrinkled hands after a Saturday night bath. Ellie thought my face felt good with her little wrinkly fingers so she caressed it for a few minutes. It was such a sweet moment.

Sunday Dec 14
Today I am grateful for amazing friends. Lane and Mallory judy had us and some other families over to make ginger bread houses. It was so fun and addy loved it! Scott probably enjoyed it more than anyone though...he's such a nerd!

Monday Dec 15
Tonight I am so thankful for fun. We had a great time at the Christmas party our friends threw! White elephant gifts and great company and food :) We also had quite the surprise when we found addy and Austin and Ellie covered head to toe in bubble bath, baby powder, and wipes...poor Ellie's eyes were so sore! I'm grateful that Scott remains calm and has the gumption it takes to flush a 20 month olds eyes :( she was so sad! But I know we will be laughing about it tomorrow :(

Tuesday Dec 16
Happy birthday momma! I'm so thankful for the wife and mom that she is and the things she's taught me. My girls owe her a lot :) I'm also thankful that I have a mom who doubles as my best friend. She's truly amazing. Love you mommy!

Wednesday Dec 17
Today I am thankful for the little things. Like my kids playin with my hair and telling me I'm beautiful. They're so pure and innocent and honest that it make me feel beautiful. And to them I am. I'm their mom. And there's nothing I would rather be. 

Thursday Dec 18
Today I am grateful that I found the gumdrop candy I needed to makes snowflakes with my kids. I had looked at walmart and several other stores and finally found them at the dollar store! I am so excited! My kids are going to love it!

Friday Dec 19
Today I am grateful for the Lord's timing. I'm not always. But today we got some really great news we've been waiting on for a couple few years. And while I wasn't super happy with that timing, I am grateful that we got this news before Christmas so that we can celebrate and breathe a collective sigh of release! I am so grateful today! I am also thankful for my amazing husband who said to me this morning: "We need to have our girls make some gifts for people so that they learn how to give and serve." He was absolutely right. So today the girls and I made some gifts for their grandparents for Christmas. I'm excited to send them off!

Saturday Dec 20
Today I so grateful that Scott FINALLY had a day off! Christmas season is crazy at work and Saturdays become the busiest most stressful days of the week. I am so grateful that today he got to stay home! And he let me take a power nap. And he helped me pack and get ready to leave tomorrow for my mom's! I am so excited!

Sunday Dec 21
Thankful that we get to be in Spokane for Christmas! Also thankful for how awesome our kids do on the drive. Today was no exception. They're amazing!

Monday Dec 22
Thankful that my dad is so awesome at being grandpa. Yes. That's my 6.5 month old eating her first lindor ball...

Tuesday Dec 23
Today I am grateful for my family. We have so much fun together and they all love my kids so much. It's so good to be home!

Wednesday Dec 24
Christmas Eve! I am so thankful for the birth of the savior. What an amazing time. I am also thankful for family traditions. Jet and addy got to be Mary and Joseph. They did so well! It's so fun. I can't wait for Christmas!


Thursday Dec 25
Ahh, Christmas! I am so thankful for the wonder and joy of family. And the fun that the kids have! Our kids were so spoiled. And I am so glad. :) It was so good to see their happy faces as they discovered their surprises. :)

Friday Dec 26
Today I am grateful for how happy my kids are. We played with their new play dough today and they love it! We have play dough already and do it all the time but they were so happy to have new colors and their new toy. It was great!

Saturday Dec 27
Today I am grateful for how well my kids normally sleep. Ellie and grace have been having a hard time this vacation and I miss the schedule we were on...

Sunday Dec 28
Today I love games with my family. It's been so fun playing together this vacation!

Monday Dec 29
Today I am grateful for the fun milestones kids reach! Gracie is totally scooting now and keeps getting on her hands and knees! And she's starting to wave already! Ellie started doing something today...it was hilarious. We had put her to bed and about two hours later, as we were sitting with my parents, she comes strolling into he living room! Not only did she climb out of her bed but she opened the door...

Tuesday Dec 30
Today I am grateful for how much Scott has done with the kids this break. I've gotten to do anything I've wanted and he's been so willing to do it. I am so grateful for this guy. He's my world. 


Wednesday Dec 31
On our way back to rexburg we got pulled over twice. I'm thankful we didn't get a ticket either time. And I'm curious as to why, when our cruise is set at 82 in an 80 we were clocked at 88...new tires threw off the speedometer? Dang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment