This baby. I love her. We have had a special bond from the beginning. With my other two girls, the newborn stage was kind of hard. Mastitis and not enough milk was stressful and hard. And they slept 5 and 6 hour chunks right from the start. But with Grace, breastfeeding was awesome for the first three months before supply problems started. I wasn't miserable, she latched great, I didn't get mastitis. It was perfect. And I spent a lot of time with her because she was up every hour and a half all night long for the first month. I also knew how fast babies grow, so I just took the time to really, really enjoy those snuggles and the sweet smell of new baby. I just loved it. Every second. And she wasn't an immediate daddy's girl like my other two. And even now, nine months later, she still occasionally picks me :)
Grace is mellow yellow. She doesn't let much bother her. She hardly cries. And I mean hardly. When she has a rough day she maybe cries a combined 20 minutes all day long. She's very patient. I almost have to set a timer to remember to feed her! She took the longest of my kids to roll and crawl. She just likes watching and tinkering with her hands. But once she took off, she took off! Yesterday she pushed a chair across the room, walking along behind it. She's very opinionated. She doesn't like formula now that she's started food! She just wants to eat anything and everything! And she does. Today I fed her a banana by just holding it and she would bite off chunks and gum them up. She LOVES cookies! And she's not one for lone veggies. If I just puree carrots, she'll tolerate it, but if I smash up our food she eats more than Addy most days!
She is a weird teether. She got one bottom middle tooth and then one outside, and then a couple days ago I realized she has the two top outside teeth! So she'll have a little Jack-o-Lantern smile.
I asked Scott what he would say about Grace and he said, "Oh, she's the sunshine of our lives. While the other two are busy teaching us patience one way, she's teaching us patience another." What a wise comment. :) Addy and Ellie teach me patience by demanding it. Grace exemplifies it. If you can't tell, this girl is seriously loved and adored.
Her stats:
Height 28 inches
Weight 18 pounds 10 ounces
Head Circumference 15 3/4 inches
Overall Assessment: Perfect.
We love you Katie Grace and I will forever be grateful that we have you. Oh my goodness, I love you.









No comments:
Post a Comment