My husband is sleeping beside me. And, of course, because it's daylight savings, I can't for the life of me sleep. But I can't help but think about this guy beside me. I think of every cliche in the book and they are amazingly true.
"He's more than I imagined."
He really is. I never imagined my husband would get up at night with the kids so I could sleep. I never imagined he would find me so beautiful even after the "miracle" of having kids (it's a miracle how messed up this body has gotten). I never imagined he'd truly do anything I ask in earnest. I never imagined he would greet me every single morning for almost 5 years with "good morning beautiful." And yet he does all those things and more.
"He takes my breath away."
I still feel giddy when he asks me out. I feel giddy and anxious when I know he's on his way home from work. When I see him down the hall or playing with my kids, my heart skips a beat. Everything he is is so big I have to stop and catch my breath. (And no, hon. Not a fat joke).
"I love you more than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow."
My love for my husband grows every single day. Our song is by Tim McGraw. Titled "and I thought I loved you then." My love and appreciation for him is constantly changing and growing.
I could go on and on. Guys, I am seriously the luckiest girl alive. I am loved by the most loyal and forgiving and humble man. I am loved by the most Christlike man. I am loved by the man I am going to spend eternity with if getting there kills me. Which it will. Because I'm a stubborn, opinionated son of a gun. But I will change an learn and grow. Just so I can earn the right to stand at his side in the eternities.
I want to remember this night and how I feel. Lucky. No. That's not right. There's nothing lucky about it. Blessed. I am blessed.
I love you Scott Dean. For forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment