The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 22, 2015

Grace's 1 Year Pictures

Grace turned 1! I cannot believe this girl! She is growing way too fast for my taste! She LOVES to eat. Anything. However, she is the first of our kids to react in any way to licking a lemon! Addy and Ellie didn't even care so the first time we gave it to her we didn't have the camera out :( And then, of course, she was going to ALL lengths not to taste it again. Maybe we'll try to get her again on camera :) She loves to play with her daddy. When he wrestles the older two she jumps right in there! Grace makes a face with her lips all puckered huge. However, she has figured out how to avoid doing anything I ask in front of a camera, including walk! So I don't have a picture. But we call it the Grace Face. It charms everyone and makes us laugh. She's getting really good at communicating. She nods and shakes her head at the appropriate times. She can say (and I may forget some): juice, dad, mom, addy, yes, yeah, baba (bottle), please, ice, bite, papa (grandpa), and hi. Oh, and sometimes if she's in the right mood she will quack for ya :) She started walking just a couple weeks ago. She just decided one day that crawling on the grass wasn't her favorite and she stood up and walked across the yard. We couldn't believe it! She never went back. She's getting pretty fast and loves to walk around while carrying things. She also loves to spin in a circle. This girl's grouchy is other kids' normal. She is the happiest child I've ever met. She's fairly self entertained and laughs a lot. Recently she has taken to letting out a high pitched scream/squeal to get attention. She's a light in our home and we are seriously so blessed to have her. I cannot imagine my life without our Katie Grace. We love you baby girl!




 Other than lightening the exposure a bit (because I shot in the shade) I didn't edit her eyes. I mean, seriously. I LOVE that my kids got their daddy's blues :)
 And, just for fun, this is her camera smile. She's a year old and has already figured out how to do the "Lee fake smile," as Scott refers to it lol. I, personally, think it's the cutest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment