The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 15, 2015

Memorial Day and Grace's Birthday

I feel like I haven't been on here in forever and I have SO much that I want to remember! We have been having so much fun! Scott surprised me with a 4 day weekend and a trip to Spokane for Memorial day. Work had been pretty intense and tension had been high with my crazy hormones and emotions about everything. We really needed the time to get away and spend some time together. We didn't want to just hang out and do nothing (like that ever happens at Mimi's house) so we got out and did some fun things. I loved seeing my family. I'm such a momma's girl it's a bit ridiculous :) And we have free babysitting so we got to go on a date or two :)

Our trip down was great! The girls were SO good and SO excited to get to Mimi's house. We saw some really cool weather and the girls were so happy to find several rainbows :) It was a really pretty drive. It was also really intense to realize that one second we go from sunny and great weather to total storm. It was crazy!


Addy's favorite part of any road trip is washing the windows at the gas station! She loves feeling like a big kid and feeling like her services are needed. And all those nasty bugs do need to be scrubbed off, so she's right!
Once we got to Mimi's it was ALL play. I hardly saw my kids! Grace was quite the charmer. Everyone wanted to show her things and let her explore, which is her favorite thing to do so she played hard and slept deep all week!





This hat was worn by my brothers Levi and Jet and all my girls wore it. I think it's the funniest hat, but it is so effective as a sun block!
Addy was so excited to get a new Ariel swim suit from one of my mom's best friends. She had it leftover from her grandkids and Addy was seriously over the moon.


Scott found a really awesome park that my family and I had no idea existed. It was called Discovery Playground and had several areas for kids to play in, all fenced in! There was a climbing wall, slides, swings, a huge teeter totter, spinning toys, a splash pad, etc. It was awesome!







 Grace was playing peekaboo with Josh and it was the cutest thing! I love her face in the second picture!

 Addy got nice and worn out. She also got this helmet from my mom's friend and insisted on wearing it every time we got in the car so she could be safe. It was really entertaining.
While we were there, we celebrated Gracie's first birthday. It was so fun! She was totally clueless as to what was going on, but we all had a blast decorating cupcakes and spoiling her rotten :)









 She was really confused when I actually wanted her to get messy...she stayed pretty clean for her first solo cupcake :) She was pretty somber and serious though! Cupcake eating is really intense for this girl!





 She was so funny opening presents! She opened a couple and then her sisters had to help because she got bored! I only had a couple presents and thought she'd love opening them but, to my pleasant surprise, she actually wanted to play with the toys and not just the paper!








 Happy birthday Gracie! We love you! I will post pictures soon, I hope. I haven't even taken her 1 years yet! Poor baby number 3, everything is always late.

Another tradition I love that I have been missing is the visit to the cemetery Memorial Day morning. My dad's siblings that live in town all come to visit the graves of some very important people in our lives. My grandpa is buried there along with my dad's cousin, brother, and grandparents. These people have influenced my life in so many ways and I am so grateful for the heritage they left and the legacy they built.


 It was really special for me that my dad let Addy put flowers on some of the graves. She loved it and loved learning about who these people were. She was very fascinated with the whole "we bury people" thing and was asking some really great questions that led to some great discussions about death, resurrection, and eternal families. For a 3 year old, she really understands a lot. I love teaching her and watching her absorb everything I'm saying.



 Ellie was Grandpa's shadow all morning. I love watching my dad with my girls. I love the men in my life who treat them like little princesses even when they're being little villains :)

Grandpa was teaching Ellie to blow the pinwheels, but she kept telling me they were broken because she couldn't blow hard enough haha



 These are just some other fun pictures we snapped. I love going to my mom's. The kids always sleep with their aunts and have a party every night. And I love it because they do their own thing! I don't have to do bedtime or get up at night! It's amazing!
 My mom may be a tad obsessed with "Little People." Ellie was quite enthralled. My kids played with them every spare minute that they got! It was so fun!


 Mimi thinks it's so awesome that Grace sleeps on her and no one else. I don't think it's as awesome as she seems to think it is ;)
 Scott took Ellie for a cool down when she didn't love a new nursery class at church and they found this fallen by a tree so he wrote me a note. I loved it, and will keep it and cherish it forever.
 Yeah. Again. Mimi the magical baby charmer. Whatever.

Anyway, as you can tell, it was a great break for us as a family. Thanks Scott for the wonderful spontaneous and surprise trip! I love you! My only regret is that we left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment