We like to have fun. We like to enjoy our time as much as we can during the Summer because they Summer isn't super long in Rexburg :) So we have been out and about enjoying! I just dumped pictures from my phone and camera on this post and they are in no particular order, so we'll just take them as they come because I have been blogging for too long between yesterday and today I don't want to rearrange them all! lol.
We took the kids to the splash pad. They loved it, as usual :)
Grace is my fearless water girl! Look at her! She loved, loved, loved it!
Grace is more a daddy's girl than the other two, I think. I had no idea that was possible! But she seriously makes me feel like the babysitter every morning when Scott leaves for work. She gets sad and pouty when I get her out of bed instead of him, and today she threw a full on fit when Scott walked in the door and took Ellie to the bathroom for me before picking her up :)
The girls and I like to take walks. Addy has learned to pedal her bike (it took her a good while haha) and she loves to ride it while the girls and I walk. She actually makes it pretty surprising distances for a 3 year old ;)
Grace is my laughter and my joy. She is always smiling and being cute :) Now that she can walk she is doing so many naughty things! Climbing onto the table, climbing the step ladder to the counter, etc. Oh yes, and Grace is walking! She decided one day that she didn't love crawling on the grass so she just got up and went! She has been taking steps since she was 11 months but just wouldn't quite give up crawling. Now she walks everywhere! Here's a video of the day she decided to walk, and across the entire yard at that!
This last weekend we went to Mesa Falls with the kids. We had a picnic and did the stairs and explored. The girls loved it. Addy found a walking stick she drug the entire way! We saw lots of squirrels and chipmunks. I also saw a whole ton of tent caterpillars and it made me grateful that the epidemic hasn't hit our house yet...I'm terrified of moths...and those suckers turn into really scary ones!
Ellie did most of the stairs by herself, which put her and I a good distance behind everyone else. Which was fine with me because it was HOT and I am prego!
I love my little hiking crew! We have a picture like this from last year and I have a feeling it is going to become a tradition!
After Mesa Falls Scott wasn't ready to be done adventuring so we stopped at a shallow spot in the river and let the kid put their feet in. It was really cute how much they loved something so simple. Grace was enthralled!
Earlier this month my neighbor brought her miniature horse over and let Addy ride it. Addy was in heaven and still talks about it today :) I love living half in the country :)
I just love Jalayn. She'd kill me, but seriously guys, isn't she cute? :)
We also took a trip to the Idaho Falls Zoo. It was...small. haha. But the girls enjoyed it all the same and there were some fun animals.
Addy loved the petting zoo. Ellie was okay until a goat stepped on her foot and then she wasn't as thrilled. Grace stood outside the fence with me after a while and goats kept coming over and she would reach her hand through the fence and touch their noses and then giggle the most hysterical giggle! I love watching them experience new things. It's my favorite part of being a mom.
There was a loose peacock that decided to show us his feathers :) That was really cool!
It even let Grace touch them..which I was a little wary of lol. I made sure to sanitize her hands. Three times lol
Some post zoo snuggles with mom and dad. :) I love my snuggle bug. She's my only one and I am so grateful for her!
As you can see, we have been having a great Summer so far and have many more plans to carry out! Wish us luck on our adventuring!
























No comments:
Post a Comment