So today he texts me at the beginning of a project which requires removing screens hanging 50 feet above stairs (so he has to dangle from the ceiling, he can't use a lift) and says he can't remember for his life where he stashed his harness. I thought I remembered him mentioning loaning it to another department so I called to remind him of that possibility. No answer. Not a big deal, happens all the time. Well then I get a call from his coworker. He informed me that Scott is dangling upside down 50 feet up in the air and that he dropped his phone and it's shattered...Now, in my head I'm thinking, "Ok, so get off the phone and go get him down!" I asked if he was ok and Dave assured me he was. Now, in my head, he had fallen. I was thinking, "how far did he fall before his harness caught him? Is he in a place where someone can pull him back up? Is his back going to be hurting?" Not to mention the inevitable thought of where that harness fits him and where it's gonna put pressure if he falls (ya'll know what I'm saying) and the thought that I would rather him not be rendered infertile...
Turns out...he was upside down on purpose. Apparently it's the only position he could possible be in to unrig the screen. Now, if you ask me, he was just having fun ;) Anyway, call and tell me my husband is dangling 50 feet in the ground without making sure I realize he didn't fall...that's how to give me a heart attack. :) So glad he's safe. However, his phone is not. So don't call for a couple days. He won't answer ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment