The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Lake!

About the middle of August, we were starting to feel "blah." Our weather was being awful. Sunny and warm during the day but then horrendously windy when Scott got home in the evening. We had taken a couple trips to the lake to discover that it was too windy and cold to have any fun. The kids wanted to "do something fun" (Addy) and I was running out of ideas. I expressed to Scott that I just wanted to run away with my family to the lake one week when they were heading out and Scott surprised me by making it happen! I was seriously the happiest girl in the world. He loves me. :)

Addy was so excited to go camping in our tent with Mimi at the lake that she helped me pack. She was a little anxious to leave. I don't know if you can tell, but she's wearing two backpacks :)

The girls were absolute champs on the drive. Grace has been really into books lately. Like, turn every page, look at every picture. And it was pretty helpful :)
We got to see some cool weather as we were coming too! There were storms all around us and lightning and thunder followed by an amazing sunset. It helped keep us good and awake and was beautiful.
Once we got to the lake it was smooth sailing. I hardly saw my kids, they were happy campers the whole time (except Grace who got sick), and we just played. They all even slept good. The weather was beautiful. Hot, no wind. Perfect for the lake. My kids loved going on rides with everyone on various water craft :)







Addy was in love with the lily pads. She was seriously so excited about them. Ellie, however, was less enthralled, seeing as there weren't any frogs on them...

 A sweet little duck came to play :)
 Canoeing with Mimi and Grandpa. Adelaide must have spent a collective 20 hours on that canoe...she LOVED it. This particular ride was well over an hour and took the kids out the lake, into the canal, all the way to the end. They were very excited to report that they saw the end of the water!
 Grace was Grandpa's buddy. They just work.

Ellie had so much fun playing with rocks. She kept sending the kids to the bottom of the lake to find her new, pretty ones :) My siblings lovingly obliged.




 She's not a fan of sinking...
 My aunt and uncle and their family were also there and it was so fun watching the cousins I grew up around play with my kids!





 We also had some really cool weather while at the lake. Like I said, the days were perfect, but the nights were rainy and thundering. Which was also pretty cool, seeing as we all stayed dry and it made for an amazing show! Ellie was the only one who every woke up and she loved hearing the pounding rain and booming thunder around our tent.

 These two are becoming the best of friends. They play so well together and I love watching it.

 Sleepy dog pile!

 Saturday we skulked back to Mimi's after an amazing four days. This is the swing Mimi bought for the grandkids. My kids love it and I love that it fits more than one kid. They absolutely love it!


I am so grateful to be the oldest in my family so that I have so many helpers when I go home! It's so nice having my siblings to play with my kids. And Jet is even their age. It's so much fun and I am grateful every day for the family that I have who make me want to not only visit all the time, but flat out migrate to Spokane. :) Thanks for the week at the lake! Sorry the blog was horrendously late!





No comments:

Post a Comment