My kids are avid readers. I swear I spend more time reading in a day than I do doing any other activity. It's something that I love to watch as a mom. Recently, Addy picked a book at the library about pink cupcakes. The story is about a little girl who makes pink cupcakes and puts a wish in the batter that turns her into a princess. Then she keeps getting upset at her brother and his friends who keep eating all the cupcakes that she bakes so one day she makes green cupcakes and makes a wish and they all turn into frogs. The book included a pink cupcake recipe. So, of course, Addy wanted to make them. So we did :) We followed the recipe and Addy put everything in. She and Ellie helped mix. Then they each got to decorate their own. I was surprised by how into it Grace was. It turned out to be a great activity and the cupcakes were actually pretty dang good!
Addy is very particular and specific about how she does things. She wants everything just right. I love her concentration faces!
Addy's finished product. I love this little girl more than words can say.
Ellie was just so thrilled to be doing something herself. Her independence lately is a blessing and a burden all wrapped into one cute little package.
I dumped sprinkles onto tupperware lids for them and Ellie meticulously picked hers up one by one and placed them exactly where she wanted them.
I love doing these kinds of things with my girls. Pretty soon we are going to have to start adding some trucks and balls to our fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment