The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 13, 2016

6 Years Married and a Birthday

We've been married for 6 years. As of September 24. This year was one for the books. Scott bought me a hammock with a stand! It's orange and amazing. We went to dinner and a comedy show that was actually pretty awesome! I made Scott a candy bouquet and it turned out amazing. The best part was that I dropped it off with the secretary in her office the day before and she set it out on his desk for me so he was surprised. I'm generally not great at surprising Scott because 1. I have a big mouth and 2. I usually want to get him a gift that he has to have a say in, like tools. But that was a good surprise and it made us both happy :)


I realize that none of these pictures of my hammock have me in them, but these people are cuter. I seriously crack up at JJ's face in this picture every time I see it!

Just a week after our anniversary is my birthday. I like it because I usually get pretty great gifts for my anniversary and get to celebrate my marriage and then I get to celebrate my birthday with my kids shortly afterward. It's just a fun week! This year was no different. I had sick kids (strep and 24 hour flu bug). But we got to stay home and watch conference and balloons make everyone happy.
I am one loved woman. Not to brag. But really. Every day for 6 years I have woken up to "good morning beautiful." And every day for the past long time I have gotten a text with some form of the "I love you" sign. Scott started doing this to me while we were dating and it has continued. The day Addy picked up on it was so cute that we just kept doing it. Now all our kids do it. We do it when we say good morning and good night and see you later. It's just our fun way of keeping the love in the forefront. I got this one when Scott took the girls to get my birthday presents. I sure love these people. 

It's been a super amazing 26 years of life and 6 of marriage. I have amazing people in my life. My family growing up and my family now. They're all that matter. I love each of them more than I can ever say or express. Here's to another great year of life and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment