The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 14, 2016

A Day About Adelaide

Oh Addy. What do I even say about my Adelaide Lee? She's sassy and stubborn. She's sweet and kind. She's helpful and ... not. She made me a mom 5 years ago and I will always love her for it. Scott and I have just looked at her in wonder. She's so pretty and just so her. I don't know how to describe her even. She's just so Addy. I took these pictures of her. They're not great. The light was pretty low in the shade and she gets her squinty, I-can't-smile-into-the-sun thing from me. They aren't my best work and I may try again, but you can still tell her cute she is :)






I do love her hair in this one though :)



These randomly got thrown in there somehow, and I can't delete them :) Ethan has a new excited face, and it cracks us up!


Today, to celebrate, we had a day all about doing things that Addy likes. I had so much fun with my kids. It was so fun to just not worry about laundry and dirty dishes and do nothing but play. Too bad it will make for a really long day of cleaning tomorrow lol.

We started by playing with her dominos from Mimi. She loves them. And it is such a great game for the kids! They love finding the matching pictures.

Daddy bought the girls balloons to play with! The just love helium balloons. It makes me laugh. They pretend they're their pets and play with them for hours.


Haha! More of Ethan's excited face. I keep laughing at it!
Since we got our pumpkins for free this year and they were small we decided to just paint them instead of cutting them. I figured the clean up would be easier and the kids would be able to be more involved than with knife carving...they really loved it and it was right up Addy's alley! She loves art of any kind and in any form!










Ellie's finished pumpkin
Grace's finished product
Addy's pumpkin. She wasn't satisfied until all the colors were blended. She didn't like the messy look, I guess ;) She's such a perfectionist.
Leaves. Addy loves them so we played in them :)









I have to share this because I don't want to forget it! Addy decided that since she's 5 now she wanted to ride her bike without her training wheels. Scott just tilted them for her so they wouldn't touch the ground. Then he held on to her seat for her. She kept completely letting go of the bike and clawing onto Scott's shirt. After a few attempts, she said, "I think I'll just try again when I'm 6..." She's kind of a chicken. And I think it's awesome. Reminds me of her dad. She'll do anything when she feels completely safe. But if there's a risk, they're a cautious duo :)

Present time! Addy was so cute when she opened her presents. She kept telling everyone "thank you" and "I love it!" It makes me so happy to be able to spoil her sometimes. Her dad would tell you she's spoiled all the time. And he might be right...

A raincoat!
Sofia Jammies.
Ellie got Addy a book. They love Pinkalicious, so we found the original story. It's so cute and funny. The girls listen to it on youtube in the car a lot. It was fun to read it to them and watch them see the pictures :)

Stencils, colored pencils, and gel pens :)


Okay, this game was the best $1 I ever spent at D.I. We seriously played it for almost an hour! It's basically a game with a bunch of recipes for how to arrange the 4 cupcake pieces. I like it because it causes them to start at a place, look at each step, match, follow instructions, and check their work. And, duh. Because we're building cutesie princess cupcakes!



Pizza Picnic! Addy LOVES pizza. And breadsticks from Little Caesars. She likes Papa Murphys pizza better but she's also impatient. So when I asked her which she'd like she picked the one that's already cooked so that "we can just eat it right now." Beef likes the breadsticks too :) I forgot to take pictures of the girls' picnicking!

And...more cupcake game :)

Hot tub. It wouldn't be a day with all of Addy's favorite things without a dip in the hot tub. It's so fun to get all 6 of us in there. And it's nice to have our own so we can control the temp without putting anyone else out when we keep it cool enough for the kids to enjoy :)
Addy helped me make her own cake pops! She wanted a Minnie Mouse kind of cake, and I am so not artistic. I decided that by doing these, I could include Addy, they were something that was on her level, and then I could just avoid the whole "I tried to make a cake and it looks nothing like the picture" thing :) Addy had a lot of fun doing these. And also, they were delicious.
Wearing her Sofia pajamas. I always have to add material to the bottom of her shirts because those dang pajama shirts are never long enough! Anyone else?


Ethan also loved his cake pop. I decided this is definitely the way to go for his birthday next month! He ate the whole thing and it was barely a mess!








We love our Addy. She's so smart. She knows all her letters, upper and lower case. She knows half the letter sounds and can sound out words that include those letters. She can write her name, mom, dad, Ellie, Grace, and Ethan without help (sometimes she still needs help with Grace and Ethan's spelling, but she knows how to write all her letters). She always wants to write people notes and I just spell out the words and she writes them. She knows so many songs. She's a great big sister. Her and Ellie have gotten really close lately. They play together all day and the fighting is usually super minimal until Grace gets involved. She's not quite at their level yet haha. She's humble sometimes, but more often than not she's ... let's call it confident in her knowledge. She is working on memorizing articles of faith and loves getting out her own scriptures each night for reading. She loves her primary teachers, who happen to live across the street from us. She loves Lola and takes responsibility for feeding her and petting her and letting her out at lunchtime to go the "kitty bathroom." I could go on and on. I love this girl. And I'm so glad that she's mine and that she was our first. Happy birthday sweet girl! Mom and dad love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment