I LOVE FALL. My favorite color is orange and my birthday is in October and I became a mom in October and ... I just love Fall. I love pumpkins and pumpkin patches and apples and cider and soup and the crisp autumn air. I want my kids to love Fall. So we embark on lots of Fall adventures. I think they're falling in love (no pun intended).
We visited a small pumpkin patch in Idaho Falls. The kids loved their little haunted forest (they made us walk through it 3 times) and they loved oohing and aahhing at the first pumpkins we ogled this season. And Ellie looks adorable in pig tails!
This picture just makes me laugh. This is how it goes getting pics of all of them most of the time!
Now. Look at these picture of Ethan eating an apple and try not to die of cuteness overdose. I seriously can't believe how good he is with those teeth!
This is my favorite picture ever. His eyebrows! And tiny, perfect fingers.
One night for FHE we went up to the orchards and picked apples and then drove up to the playfields on campus and flew our kite. The girls really enjoy this activity. :) And so do we. It's so fun and it's always blustery here in the Burg so...we might as well enjoy it! Ethan loved crawling all over the green grass :)
This was the girls' second time flying their kite. The first time, Scott had taken them on a daddy/daughter date. So they wanted to show me this awesome tree they found that forms a tent on the ground! My phone died so I don't have pictures, but it was so fun. And hearing the girls tell their spooky stories was the best. Scott and I just laughed the whole time! It was so awesome. Their imaginations are pretty much the best thing ever. Grace found this walking stick on the way :)
So I bought these coloring books at the dollar store that apparently go with a disney color and play app. They bring the pictures to life. It is actually so fun for the girls to see their princesses dancing and moving around with the colors they used. I have about 500 pictures just like this one.
We also got to go to our favorite pumpkin patch. Fall Festival at Treehouse Village. It cost us $15 to get in and was worth every penny. I mean, seeing Ethan in this beanie was worth $15!
This is Ethan enjoying the hay ride :) He insisted on standing on the ground but wouldn't leave our legs. It was so cute.
The best part for my kids is always the corn pit. Seriously, it's a giant sand box filled with corn feed. And they were in there for over an hour. Seriously, it was so much fun. They got buried, filled up buckets, got corn in their pants and diapers and shoes, and loved every minute.
I love how much my husband loves being a kid. Sometimes, I'm forced to roll my eyes, but most times I love watching him laugh with our kids. I may have rolled my eyes at the cinched hood (so as not to get corn down his collar).
Ethan chewed on a lot of corn. Ew.
I love this girl's smile. She's so full of joy and personality. She is my momma's girl and I am so happy when she's happy. I mean, look at that face!
This year, they had a variety of pumpkins that they thought were going to be 8-10 inches. They turned out to be very small and very plentiful. They let each kid just take one for coming out. My kids LOVED looking at every one and picking their perfect pumpkin. It reminded me of when we went to a pumpkin patch with one of my best friends. You know who you are ;)
Ethan tried to eat his stem and it was kinda pokey. He was extremely wary after that.
My favorite part of this patch is the fairy tale village. It was getting dark when we started walking through so I didn't get many pictures, but I seriously love it. They have built their own versions of the 3 little pigs' houses, Jack's house and the beanstalk, Rapunzel's tower, the seven dwarfs' house and mine, the 3 bears' house, etc. And they have these cute little cutouts to stick your face in. The detail is amazing and the atmosphere is perfect. Seriously, I love it. And they have so many awesome crafts for sale and I feel like the prices are super reasonable for how much time goes in (and I'm super cheap, so that's saying something).
I love Fall and I think my family is enjoying it almost as much as I am. I am so grateful for the community we live in and the fun things that we are surrounded by. Happy Fall!

No comments:
Post a Comment