We had the super lucky opportunity to spend Halloween in Utah with Shauna and her family!!! We loved every minute. I was there from Wednesday-Monday and Scott joined us Friday after work for the weekend. It was amazing to see my balancing force (outside of Scott) and spend some girl time doing girl things and kid time doing kid things. We had so many awesome adventures and I didn't take many picture because we were too busy having those adventures!
Wednesday the kids and I arrived after an uneventful drive. And when I say uneventful I mean that nobody cried and nobody died. But holy crap Utah driving. I hate it. Hate it. Seriously you guys. Hate. It. We had some fun bombarding JJ and Shauna with our love and stories and non-stop chatter. Then we headed to Costco, blessed place! I always stock up on the essentials when I'm with Shauna. You know. Goldfish, fruit snacks, formula (for the last time in a long while!), cheese sticks (yes, I buy them in a different state...the things I do to save money *eye roll*). I love that store. So much. And it was a very pleasant trip because I made Shauna drive my van through Utah traffic. She's become one of them...
Thursday we ventured to the library to get some fun fall books to enjoy while we were there. And we happened to show up in time for a little story time and then some fun little games. They had several cute ideas and the kids loved it. Ellie built this skeleton all by herself :) She doesn't look thrilled, but I promise she loved it. Then we made some fun snacks. We're all about the food.
Shauna was amazing. That pregnant lady entertained my kids for hours that week. She was so patient and fun and energetic. And also skinny. At 32 weeks prego. I want to be her when I grow up.
Friday we painted nails. I don't know if you can see but we've got a jack-o-lantern, witch hat, frankenstein stitch, midnight stars, and a ghost.
Grace was seriously so exhausted every time it was time for bed or nap. We wore her out good! My girls all slept in the same room all week. At our house Addy and Ellie shared and Grace had her room and Ethan was still in my room (in his own bed, but still). I had been debating for a while what to do about it because I wanted my room back but I was scared to buddy Grace up with anyone. But they did so great at Shauna's house that the day we got back I put Grace's bed in the girls' room and Ethan in Grace's old room. It's been fantastic.
Saturday we went to this family fun place there by Shauna. It was AMAZING. We were there from 1-6 and we didn't even do everything! And Shauna scored us an amazing groupon so we had full access for cheap! The straw maze was probably my favorite part because we actually got lost in there! lol. Ellie still brags about the fact that Addy was lost but she and Uncle Wesley found the way out. :)
I mean seriously. How do I not just kiss this boy all day. Oh wait...I do.
The girls got to experience their first carnival rides. They were thrilled :)
Inside there was an arcade that we had tokens for from our groupon. Addy and Ellie did this one where the seat basically just vibrates you??? I don't get it. But their faces were hilariously terrified as they refused to get off...
These two kept us super busy! They like to go get 'em!
I was super excited to have my hubby back. And it was even better because we got him Friday night...when we planned this trip we planned on Saturday afternoon or Sunday because there were events Friday and Saturday night at BYU-I. Well...let's just say I was not sad at all that he didn't have those obligations and had the weekend work free...
Also worth noting is the fact that our alternator went out while Shauna was driving (I don't blame anyone...) and Scott was pretty boss and replaced it. In the middle of the night. With flashlights and a really crappy set of wrenches from Walmart. I'm so grateful he's so handy. Saved us a crap ton of money and time there so that we could still enjoy our adventures we'd planned.
Sunday we chilled and ate good roast and potatoes and dirt pudding and rested up. I also got to see some old friends from our married student ward days! It was so fun!
Monday was an amazing Halloween. I sure love my three little pigs. The big bad wolf ran away for this one but the girls' faces were so cute I posted it anyway :)
This wolf. I love him. Though he's not very big or bad...
Excuse my weird faces. I should have cropped them out but it's 2:30 in the morning and I can't care right now. I'd implode.
Got me some JJ snuggles. He loves me. I mean, I'm just saying. We facetime almost daily so I've totally earned it. And I totally milked it. I took so many snuggles from that boy!
Ward trunk or treat! The girls loved it and it was the easiest trick or treating ever!
Shauna was appalled that I wasn't planning on dressing up so she added me to her family. I somehow don't have a picture saved of them but Wes and JJ were players and Shauna was a basketball (we painted one on the belly of her shirt) and I got to wear Wesley's clothes and be a fan girl. I love my little bull! (I almost put "cub" and that would have been an embarrassingly accurate portrayal of my sports knowledge).
Seriously we had so much fun. My kids really did so well and I loved being with Shauna. Seriously we're the best of friends. We get each other. We wear each other's clothes. We laugh at each other's jokes. We eat food. We gang up on Wesley for control of the remote. We coddle each other's kids. We do each other's dirty work so we don't have to do our own. We tell secrets and reminisce. We complete each other as only we can. And I miss her every day. Even though we talk for at least 30 minutes every day...
Happy late Halloween from the Carters!

No comments:
Post a Comment