The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Shiloh and the Terrible, Horrible, No good, very bad day

Today was seriously great. Until about 5:30. This week, Scott has the amazing opportunity to mix the BYU-Idaho Christmas show. 12,000+ seats sold (a record) and amazing artists and talent. But guys. We've only been with ATS for a month and I've already forgotten how much I detest 16 hour days. So today when Scott left after a brief dinner between his two jobs, I tried to just power through. I can make it. It's just a week. So I loaded up the kids and headed to Walmart. The kids were excited because they got to get a free cookie and buy a different brand of diapers that has a different design (it's the little things).

And it was all downhill from there.

Walmart was out. Of everything. The face wash I am out of, the sponges I buy, the hair gel Scott uses, the size of dry erase board I needed. Everything. But you know, they did have chocolate milk at a grand total of $1.78 per gallon so that helped. :) Anyways, I'm pushing a bus of a cart (you know, the ones with the blue seats attached to the cart so I almost have a seat for each kid?), running around like crazy trying not to run into things or be irritated that nothing is in stock.

And then I look down and there's gum in Addy's hair. I ignore it. It's not going to do any good to get upset or frustrated. Just apply peanut butter, shampoo, rinse, repeat. No biggie. I can handle this.

A 2 person line takes half hour to get through. And none of the others were moving faster. Kids were great for the first 10 minutes. Then Grace decided she had to pee and didn't want to sit in her seat and Ethan decided the box of payday candy bars looked awesome but would look even better all over the floor, and I had a moment of panic and complete confusion when my card was denied 3 times and then I realized it was a new card and I had forgotten I changed my pin (seriously I was like thinking someone stole Scott's wallet and drained my account! I didn't know what to think!).

Go see my awesome cousin Haley and pick up some stuff she brought me from my momma. I like her :) But upon loading said items into my car I jammed my thumb. Like, I-can-barely-type-this-I-am-probably-being-a-baby-but-it-hurts-so-freaking-bad jammed it.

Stopped by campus before rehearsal started to talk to Scott for 2 seconds and couldn't get ahold of him because his phone was dying and it's so loud in there he can't hear it.

Forgot Grace had to pee so she ran into the house and peed all over the floor in the bathroom while trying to get her undies off (seriously, even I can't help laughing at that).

Ethan dumped his bottle of milk all over the floor while I assumed he was drinking it as I was peanut buttering my 5-year-old's hair, debating whether or not it was time for the scissors.

Wrestled 4 kids into bed later than I wanted to put them down.

Looked at my kitchen that was clean a few hours ago and now looks like I run a home for troubled teenaged boys (or have 4 kids, take your pick).

Opened the door to my fridge to grab a cold diet doctor pepper and take a chill pill and the door rail thing came crashing down with several bottles of salsa, most of which made it okay, one of which did not survive. And I was out of chill pills. (For the record, that's just a euphemism. I don't take any meds lol).

Forgot about the DP and sat on the couch. And I haven't moved. I had such grand plans of having the house perfectly clean when Scott got home. And I still have 2 hours so it's probably not impossible. But seriously, my day was AMAZING until 5:30 rolled around and it always just amazes me how fast things can fall apart with 4 kids under 4 and mom brain.

I'm just gonna go clean my kitchen while I put Chicken Little's "today is a new day" chant on repeat. Or maybe Pentatonix "Hallelujah." Yeah. It's gonna be that. Peace out. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment