The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Rough, Tough, and Beautiful

We have been outside just about every day since the last time I blogged! Addy is such an outdoors girl! She loves running and walking down the street. She loves seeing the horses down the street and touching every mailbox. She loves playing in the snow, and eating it. She love, love, loves her hat from her aunties :) It's her favorite part of her entourage. She HATES going back inside. Saturday, we found out that she also loves to shovel snow! It was a warm day and Scott decided it would be a good idea to get the five inches of ice at the start of our driveway while we could. Addy ran into the garage and wanted a shovel. Luckily, we happen to have one her size :)
 Here it looks like she's being forced to labor away for her mean, cruel parents. It looks like an advertisement that might say, "For just 5 cents a day you can sponsor a child like Addy and save her from the monstrous adults who force her to labor for free." However, those are the angry eyes I got when I told her to stop for a minute and smile at mommy...
I saw a quote somewhere that said, "I didn't know how much I loved your dad until I saw how much he loves you." This is so true. Watching Scott with Addy is so amazing and awe inspiring. I love watching him teach her new things (even when it involves throwing blocks or opening doors) and I love the light in his eyes when she runs to him upon getting home from work. I love when she wants him instead of me (even though it breaks my heart just a little). Addy and I are SO blessed to have Scott for our husband and daddy. He was made for us :)


Sunday she got to wear her Valentine's day dress from my mom. I have had this dress since last February, when my mom bought it on sale. I have been SO excited to put her in it. It was the cutest thing ever! I put her hair in two pony tails that I twisted under to make knots instead of letting them stick up. Scott's response was, "It's a big girl hair do. I don't like it" lol. She is starting to look so grown up! I have put away all her twelve month outfits and gotten out the 18 month size. I've put away all the size 4 shoes and gotten out her size 5's. Ellie needs to hurry up and come so that I'll be okay with all this!

 Love her mouthful of teeth!

 This week, Addy gets to meet Uncle Shane the returned missionary. We so badly want to be there when he gets home, but at 36 weeks pregnant, that isn't something we can do. So we'll have to webcam him for a long time and let him meet Addy and see what an amazing little spirit she is. We can't wait to see him in person!

I am learning so much as a mom. I am learning that being a mom is not just taking care of kids. That I can do. That's easy. I can change a poopy diaper in 20 seconds flat. I can feed a kid without getting a single drop on their too-cute-to-mess-up outfit. I can bathe a child thoroughly and make them smell like heaven. I can do laundry and clean up messes (though I don't like those things lol).
However, being a MOM is so much more than that. Since I've had Addy I have learned that I can love that little spirit and body more than my own life. I can be patient with her while I'm dying of strep because when she smiles at me or says a new word, it makes up for the blocks thrown down the stairs and the pots, pans, oven mitts, towels, cereal, etc all over the kitchen floor. I can learn more about the Savior from spending an hour with Addy than I can doing ANYTHING else. I can make mistakes, and do frequently, but I can start again tomorrow. I can teach Addy to be everything she wants to be. I can teach her about Jesus and prayer and sharing (though I'll admit the last has required me to do quite a bit of the second).
Being a mom is the best thing ever. It's the thing that makes me the most happy. When Addy does something new or says a new word, it's the new best thing that has ever happened to me. The last two weeks have been so fun. She is starting to learn so quickly. She is starting to do everything I do. She is also saying all kinds of new words. She can name every picture on her alphabet blocks, and you can actually understand most of them! Last week we mastered umbrella (umbewa). She loves to brush her teeth and apply fake-up. She loves to brush her hair and her doll's hair. She loves to rock her baby, pat her baby's back, poke her baby's eyes, and undress her baby. She is starting to be so smart she's naughty (pushing chairs to the counter and getting into stuff for one example). Today she bit me because I told her I had to use the computer for a minute instead of reading a book (had to see if my package from Deseret book had shipped). I was so proud of how I handled it! I wanted to flick her mouth but I didn't :) I picked her up, told her we DO NOT bite mommy, and put her in her room for one minute with the door closed. When I went to get her, she was playing. So I said, "Addy, we don't bite mommy. Do you understand?" She smiled at me, so I returned to researching my package. She came out of her room, touched the wet mouth mark on my shirt and gave it a big kiss, saying, "Muah!" I think she learned the lesson :) And, honestly, even if she didn't, I would let her bite me again just so she would kiss it better!
I can't wait to have another sweet baby girl. Three weeks and three days is NOT soon enough. Everyone pray I just go into labor before then! Because being a mom is truly the biggest blessing in my life. Okay, I'm hopping off the soap box, but I just had to share how blessed I am and express my eternal gratitude to Heavenly Father for trusting me with his children. Have a good week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment