Boy, oh boy did we have a busy week! Last Saturday, Scott's sister Mary and her little girl arrived for a week at our house. They live in PA. Her daughter is only 3 months younger than ours and it was so fun to have them together! Monday night, Mary had a baby blessing to attend so we had our own FHE. Addy ate an entire can of olives by herself. She didn't touch her pizza lol. But she was such a happy camper I just let her! Then we introduced her to our favorite thing: cookies and cream ice cream straight from the bucket! I think it's safe to say she loved that too! I feel that I should point out that her hair is as crazy as it is because we took her pony tails out...this wasn't a horrifically awful attempt at curling it...
Tuesday, we took a trip to the park. It was such a nice day outside! Addy got heat rash from wearing a long sleeve shirt. Wednesday we went out and bought her some short sleeved ones. I didn't realize she had such a deficiency! They loved playing in the bark and swinging on the swings.
Wednesday, everybody got here (Scott's parents and sister and her husband and baby Chevy). One morning we did the girls' hair all the same. Addy was the only one okay with the picture because I told her she could have smarties lol. Addilyn didn't like being squished and Chevy wanted her daddy :)
While Grandpa Carter was here he enjoyed his little granddaughters and they enjoyed him! Addy loved playing with him downstairs and Ellie enjoyed some good snuggles so mommy could get ready! We love our Grandparents Carter.
Friday night, the final family, Emily and her husband Marco, joined the party. We had a fire and ate s'mores.
Addy ate SEVERAL (I mean too many to count and even if I could I would be ashamed of letting her have that many) marshmallows!
Elise just enjoyed the warm weather and getting to be outside. She's such a relaxed, easy-going baby!
Addy wanted to pick up this stick, but had a mallow in her hand (pictured above). She needed both hands, so she glanced from board to mallow and did the only thing she could: stuffed the whole thing right in! It made for some good laughs.
Saturday morning, Daddy was tired! And so was Ellie. So they took a sweet nap :)
These are some random pics I don't remember when I took...Addy with Daddy's socks on :)
Addy, Addi, Ronald, and Ellie
Cutest hair ever, if I do say so myself.
Look who learned to hold her head up while pushing up on her arms?!
Our poor cat got in a fight. We tried cleaning the wound and not letting her lick it but finally gave in and took her to the vet yesterday. He thinks it's a cat bite, it was badly infected. He gave her some antibiotics and we are supposed to clean it daily by (and I about passed out when he said this, Scott will be doing it) putting peroxide on a q-tip, sticking it into her bite hole, and rubbing it around...Shoot me now...
Mowing the lawn with Daddy. Uncle Dylan helped Scott power rake our lawn. It looked a little torn up for a day or so, but after a couple days of watering it looks a million times better!
Grandma Carter made a pinata for the kids :)

Uncle Dylan and Ellie. He was so good with all the little girls. Addy flirted with him the WHOLE time lol.

Scott's mom made Addy this adorable Tinker Bell dress! She wore it to church and pranced around :) Everyone loved it. She wouldn't cooperate for a pic, but these are the best I got.
We had some fun aftermath to this whole trip also...we flooded our septic system! Luckily, it leaked outside lol. So for the next few days we are using water sparingly giving our drainfield time to absorb the overflow lol.
Another super fun thing that happened was Elise learning to use her little squeaky voice to giggle! Oh how I love my baby's giggles! It is so exciting when it happens for the first time! Here's a video :)
We are extremely blessed and have felt Heavenly Father's love a lot lately in our lives. I have tons of cleaning up to do (nobody could help because we couldn't use water lol) but I am actually looking forward to it! We head to Vegas for a week in three weeks!

























































No comments:
Post a Comment