The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Humpty Dumpty, a True Story Part III

On Father's Day, I was sad to be without our husband/father. He had such a busy day too. I wanted to be able to webcam with him but didn't know that we would be able to. I have never been so grateful for my husband. He showed up at my mom's house four days early to be with his girls during this hard time! And the best part, we didn't have to leave until Wednesday! Monday we spent outside in the sun :) Ellie's new hat that I got from the quarter sale :)

 Addy enjoying her crackers and a game of "fireworks."




 And we made sure that, since she couldn't swim, she got plenty of swing time. She loves it! She always says, "push!" and "faster!" I love how good she is getting at communication. Another blessing in disguise I suppose.


 I also got this toy at the quarter sale. That's right folks! For only a QUARTER! It's perfect height for her to play with in her cast. She loves it, and it makes me happy :) I also found her several princess shirts that will fit over her cast. 62 items of clothing for $15! I was one happy momma!
 Sunday, I took pictures since the Walmart studio closed and that's where my mom usually goes. While I was out with the girls in the yard, Cameron took on Elise. She clearly loves him :)
 Ready for church glued to Auntie Becca, as always.


 Happy Father's Day to the best dad I could ever have asked for. He is always so willing to help us out in any way he can, even though I'm now married and gone. I love him so much and am so grateful for everything he has taught me throughout my life. Love you daddy!
 Oh, thank goodness we haven't forgotten how to do the hand-on-the-hips-sassiness...
 Me and my man on Father's Day. Again, so happy to have had him there with us :)


 Ellie got all sweaty (something my girls both inherited from their father) so I took her dress off and let her lay under the tree. She loved it, clearly.
 Ooooh, we love us some Uncle Levi. He is my favorite :)



 Becca french braided my hair. It was pretty awesome for a 12 year old...I still can't french braid. And if you want me to braid my hair in a simple, three strand braid, you can forget it. This girl is the hair queen! And she also looks remarkably like me :) Lucky girl :P


 Monday we went to a BBQ at the park to say goodbye to my mom's good friend's foriegn exchange student. Addy loved being outdoors and sat in the stroller being pushed around by different aunts/uncles all evening. Ellie hung out with mom and dad. She loves being outside too.


 Play time with Uncle Josh

 Wednesday, we got ready to leave. I wasn't ready. I cried while we drove away. I had so much help with my casted baby. I am so grateful for my family and their willingness to jump in and help when I need it. Katie and Becca were particularly helpful this time around. Addy loves each and every one of them and has been asking for them one at a time since we left. And still this morning.


 Addy and Ellie both have a special place in their hearts for Grandpa and Mimi :)




The ride home was eventful. We stopped at Pizza hut for dinner. Addy wet out just a tiny bit, I don't even think it got in her cast that time. However, while we were driving, she pooped and it got up in there quite a bit...I wiped it out the best I could. I think I got it all. Hope so. Poor baby. I can't wait until this is something we can look back at and smile, grateful that it happened...that isn't too hopeful, is it?

Just in case any of you are curious about the cast and what it entails, you can read the information given us at the hospital here.

No comments:

Post a Comment