Addy joined the library's summer reading program. She gets to cross of little icons when she reads five minutes and we get to read and then complete other challenges. Some of the ones we've done are story time at the library, bubble play, play dough, and reading together. She loves going and getting new books. Here we are reading about the itsy bitsy spider. She is getting so smart and loves to tell me what EVERYTHING on the page is. And don't you dare turn the page early...
Modeling Addy's "glasses Dora" :) She just looks like she's chillin'. And that's all this girl knows how to do. Chill and be happy. I love her to pieces.Addy is only a few weeks older than Ellie in this picture. Addy is on the right. It's crazy going back and looking at pics and realizing how much alike they really do look! I can't believe how much bigger Addy was though! Love those girls :)
Addy is in love with this puzzle. Her little friend brought it over for her to borrow. It makes noises when you put the pieces in. She plays with that thing for a very long time lol.
Wednesday was a good day. Addy and I played outside and got a lot done. I weeded a bunch and mowed the entire acre. It was a great day. Addy rediscovered sidewalk chalk and it was hard to tear her away when it was time to come in!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that face.
That was one dirty girl! She had chalk all over her face and legs and cast lol. Good thing it comes off soon...
Thursday was a bad day. I mean, it was alright. But it was bad at the same time. Scott was doing sound for the Beehive Federal Credit Union's annual picnic in the park for work. Addy had been staying up until 11 or so the few nights before, so I decided to go without her nap. I wanted an evening with my hubby! So I showed up at the park around 11:30 AM. The show and dinner started at 4. We hung out with daddy and rolled around on the ground. I felt so bad for Addy. All she wanted to do was get up and run around. I cannot wait until she has that freedom again. I was so tired of the cast and all that it entails. I really wanted to call the doc and say, "ya know what? Let's just get this sucker off now or I'll do it myself." But I didn't. And I did get one cute picture of Addy that day lol. She loves all those "buttons!" And daddy was thrilled with her enthusiasm.
This girl, on the other hand, never whined once. She was perfect. I am so blessed to have her as my baby right now.
Playing with Daddy on Friday. She idolizes him, and I love it.
Watching a show in Ellie's swing.
This girl is getting so strong! She gets her hands and feet around that little toy and pulls it right to her mouth. She also rolls one way and scooches herself around in circles on her back. I love watching her learn and grow. It's so exciting to meet those milestones.
So, there are good days and bad. But I have only a few days left. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! And I can see it! I know that the first week will be hard after the cast comes off, but it will be so much better. No more sweating in the heat and itching in the cast. When she's sore or grumpy, I can put her in a bath, which will immediately cheer her up. She can play in her little pool. She can give me a monkey hug. And she can wear shoes. Today we got out some shoes I got her at the quarter sale in Spokane to try them on her one uncasted foot and she was so excited. She's going to love wearing her shoes again.
Addy is continuing to learn lots of new words and phrases. It's funny how she repeats things the way I say them. Here are some of my favorites:
- "help me!" This means she wants to help me, but since I say, would you like to help me, she uses me lol
- "bless you!" She fake sneezes just so she can say this one.
- "Thank you mommy" She's been using this one for a long time, but she is consistent about it now. And today she even said "thank you mommy cereal" after I got her cereal.
- "you're welcome"
- "See ya guys!"
- "______ in Spokane." (fill in names of any of her aunts and uncles, she says it about all of them.
- Copying EVEYRTHING i say. Like today, I was singing as I was making her lunch and singing "oooooh, rice and beans!" And she was totally doing it right along with me.
I love this little girl with all my heart. And Ellie too :) Wednesday guys, wednesday :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment