With Addy's cast off, we have begun to really enjoy our summer. Minus the septic disaster of course. More still to come on that one. But that aside, we have settled into summer living rather well, I think. The girls continue to grow way too fast. Ellie had her first rice cereal and now she eats it every day for dinner. She loves it.
Addy continues to grow her little personality. Our septic installer would bring his 13 year old son to help him. Addy was always saying, "mom, boy!" When we were inside, she would watch him out the window. When he would leave she would say, "mom, see boy! See boy!" And then, the last day he was here she said, "boy coot (cute) mom." Um, say what?! Yeah. She also has a little friend named Austin. Yesterday we went to see him and she was saying, "Aushin coot, Aushin sooo coot." Can you say trouble? And here's the video proof :) lol
Some other highlights from our week:
See how dark and dreary it looks? That's because it was.
Love that she has a daddy who will get in there with her :)
Addy continues to grow her little personality. Our septic installer would bring his 13 year old son to help him. Addy was always saying, "mom, boy!" When we were inside, she would watch him out the window. When he would leave she would say, "mom, see boy! See boy!" And then, the last day he was here she said, "boy coot (cute) mom." Um, say what?! Yeah. She also has a little friend named Austin. Yesterday we went to see him and she was saying, "Aushin coot, Aushin sooo coot." Can you say trouble? And here's the video proof :) lol
Some other highlights from our week:
- Sunday, I was getting ready and Scott was preparing his lesson for Sunday School. All of the sudden, we wonder where Addy is, about the same time I hear music playing downstairs...she had found the apple remote, turned on iTunes, and found the TV remote and got that on too...I swear she's more tech savvy than I am...Also notice her attire. She'd found a sweatshirt and gotten it on herself. Also, yes, we have the air mattress blown up. We like camping in the basement in the summer. It's nice and cool down there. My favorite nights are the ones we watch a movie and zonk out down there. Then we're not too hot for blankets and snuggling :)
- Water park! We have been wanting to go since Addy got her cast off and just haven't made it. Well, finally, we did. And it was overcast and windy :( She played and loved it, but was shaking so bad that I had to make her leave. She cried. But she was literally blue. Like, I was kinda scared.
Great Grandma Lee bought Addy this swimmin' suit :) It was so cute on her! And, it snaps at the crotch, like a onesie. Best invention ever. In fact, I think that adult ones should do that too...
My happy little bug. She LOVES being outside. In fact, she usually goes about four hours between feedings (usual is 2.5 maybe 3) because she is so happy looking around and seeing all the new sights.See how dark and dreary it looks? That's because it was.
Love that she has a daddy who will get in there with her :)
So grateful for our relatively calm week. We needed it bad.
Now, on a whole new note: I read something today (well actually Scott read it to me) that made me absolutely sick to my stomach. I'll simply post a link here and everyone can read it for themselves. It's kind of longer, but it is so worth reading. This guy is my new idle.
My Response:
Seriously? Passing views and religious affiliation onto our children is child abuse? Really? Oh, but when the school system teaches children about gay marriage and how "unfair" having a decent value system is, we are allowing them to think freely? That's the side this guy is on. Ooooh, it makes me really riled up lol. Chores are now slave labor? Expecting teenagers to get a job and support themselves and pay for their own schooling is slave labor? Tell that to my ancestors, who worked hundreds of thousands of hours building their lives. Tell that to me, who made it through college without a single loan, and all because I had a job as a teenager and saved my money. Your job as a parent is to support him financially through college? I think not. And I can tell you by his situation and attitude now that he doesn't appreciate or value his education. I bet he might have had he paid for it, or even if he had loans he needed to pay off. Yikes. He's too good to work retail? I cannot validate that with a response. Well, maybe I can. What????!!!!! So you think that someone willing to pay a high salary and bestow "worthy" responsibility upon your son is going to hire him knowing that he has ZERO work experience? I'm with Matt. I wouldn't hire him to dig a hole (and I did hire someone to do that just last week). And these are the parents of children that will attend school with my kids. These are the people who vote. I mean, really. What is this country coming to? Parenting is a divine calling. I'm so grateful that I understand this knowledge and that I have the gospel to guide me in my journey to creating an eternal family. The Proclamation says: "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. " I am so grateful that I had parents who taught me these values. I'm one lucky ducky.
As you can tell, this had me very excited :) I can't figure out how to make all the font the same...once I copied and pasted it went all funny lol. Anyway, hope that everyone has a great week. :)






Great post Shiloh! I loved reading (kind of)the "Nick" article. How sad. How scary. That is just one of many examples of why our country is, and has been, heading in the direction it is.
ReplyDeleteOh and to copy something from LDS.org, I have found that the yellow background also copies. So to get the yellow background to not copy, you have to select the paste option, "text only".