What a week! There have definitely been ups and downs! The first up was Monday :) One of my besties Nicole and her family got back from their trip to New York to see her family. Addy sure missed Austin! I told her he was coming over and all morning it was "Aushin, Aushin!" They ate mac and cheese together and sword fought with their popsicles and sticks. Austin is very manly lol. I missed that kid's cheeser smile!
Tuesday, we got to go to the library with another of my great friends and her little girl, another of Addy's. Marguritte and Tamina are awesome. Addy constantly yells, "Mima!" Which is what she calls both of them. And they both answer every time. Wednesday, they came over for dinner and Addy even let Marguritte carry her outside!Also on Monday, another group of friends, Enid and Lindsey, came on over to play with some water sensory bins. The one with the scoops and cups was definitely the favorite! Lindsey has been so good to Addy this whole time. Bringing her puzzles, letting her borrow Benadryl when she was itchy and it was Sunday, and coming to visit often :)
Because her unbroken leg was casted at such a funny angle, I have not really let Addy climb up to stuff because I was scared she would fall awkwardly on that leg and bend the knee the wrong way, and end up in another cast, and ... yeah. You get it, right? Well Tuesday night, lo and behold, while I'm trying to get her to sing her new song for the camera, she pops right up! I think she may have practiced while I wasn't looking...
Wednesday, Daddy sent us count down texts all the way until we could leave for the doctor! 3 hours! 2 hours! 1.5 hours! 1 hour! Less than half hour! lol. You get the idea! Addy loves the legos in the waiting room.
The saw was kind of loud, even louder than the ones used to split her cast before, so she was not a happy camper. Plus, her joints were sore from not moving for so long. Poor baby girl. But as soon as Doctor Jones brought in that basket of suckers, the crying ceased lol. She's so skinny! She didn't lose more than a couple pounds, but that cast made her huge. And her legs. Oh, her legs. They are so squishy and cute! I was expecting tons of eczema on her casted parts, but there was only a tiny bit on her broken leg. Her little creases were a little red, but not infected and they're already all better. The doctor said that he was really surprised with how perfect her skin was. He sent us home with the expectation that crawling and standing would take days, and walking a few weeks. I took her home, put her down, and she immediately crawled to the couch and stood up. She has also stood up a few times, let go of whatever she used to help her and said, "look mommy! Standing!" She was also very excited to be in the water and dance. I can tell that her leg feels weird to her. I'll ask where her toes are and she'll only point to her right ones (the ones she could see with the cast on). She still avoids putting weight on her left leg. She has walked a bit with a push toy, but gets tired fast. But she is learning. My baby is a champ.
This is a video that we took immediately after we got home. She was so excited!
Boy, oh boy this girl was excited when daddy got home from work. She went straight to wrestling him! I kept telling him he'd better be careful because if she breaks her leg again I'm getting a job and he's staying home with her! lol. He continues to assure me that she's fine, and not to worry so much. But I'm the mom. And a body cast is my new nightmare. And this week, I got to wake up. It was amazing!
- "Mom! Mom! Mom!" (over and over in a really loud and whiny voice until I answer. We are swiftly working on this one...)
- How to snuggle and sit still on my lap!
- That she can sit still and do something for longer than five minutes.
- How to tell when I'm frustrated and do something to make me happy. Today when she wouldn't eat dinner I was at the end of my rope and she put her hands on either of my cheeks and kissed me. Still a long day, but what better way to end it.
- She now says "Mommy wicked awesome." That's right. I am :)
I feel like we are teaching her everything all over again and that some of her being a baby has been given back to me. I get to be excited over every step again! And her brain is continuing to develop at incredible speeds! This girl catches on quick! Her favorite phrases are "aww, nuts!" (thank you Cameron) and "Knuckles!" and "Bless you!"














No comments:
Post a Comment