I think I usually do a good job of putting a good spin on bad things (on my blog, at least). But I'll be honest. This week. Well, it kind of sucked. We had a septic system nightmare and it's been crazy and hectic and I've been stressed out and grumpy and my husband has been kind and patient (way more than he should have been, which I guess means he's doing what he's supposed to). I would not have wanted to be married to me this week :) Anyway, we'll save the septic story for it's very own post. Tonight, at 11 at night on a Saturday when my husband is working instead of snuggling me, I want to focus on the fun and good parts of this last week.
First of all, look at this little contortionist. She is hilarious. She always makes me smile, no matter how grumpy I am.
And Elise loves playing with her daddy. She laughs and laughs. We love listening to her sweet little baby giggles!
Disclaimer: I know her shirt is too small and the hole that should be below the waistline is clearly not. I had to get back into her 12-18 month clothes due to the fact that I couldn't do laundry...please excuse her immodesty :P And also her filthy pants. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this picture?
Addy was giving her raspberries and Ellie was laughing. My camera kept not letting me take video (stupid thing) so I settled for a quick snapshot.
Thursday was a hot day! While the septic guys were working, we went outside in the front to swim. This is Ellie's second time in a bathing suit! I found this one at the quarter sale, and while simple, it's adorable.
Addy's new favorite game is "scup and dup" (scoop and dump) in which she endlessly fills one measuring cup and dumps it into another, then empties that one accidentally while bending to fill the first one again. It's hilarious to watch her lol.
This is what Elise thought of my swim suit edition pictures. She pretty much wasn't having it. I tried again half hour later lol.
And there's a grin :)
Darn sun spot, but her face is awesome. I love her huge smiles. They just make my heart flutter.
Today, I put Ellie in this jumper for the first time. She absolutely loved it! She was bouncing like you would not believe!
Another highlight of the week was Adelaide learning to walk on her own! I think it was Wednesday when she discovered that she could walk without mom or dad's hand. She still was tip toeing that left leg along. And then today, she all of the sudden started walking pretty normal! It's been one and a half weeks since cast off. Three weeks my eye! This girl is a mover! She still point her foot out to the side, but that's what you get when you have a femur still at 45 degree angle instead of straight. It'll take 6 months to a year to straighten. I am so proud of my little humpty dumpty!












No comments:
Post a Comment