The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 8, 2013

East Idaho State Fair

Last week, we had the opportunity to go to the state fair. Scott had Labor Day off, so we were able to spend all day there. It rained the entire time. But we still had a blast! Here my little loves are all ready to make the hour drive :)
 Can you even handle how cute that little face is? I mean, seriously. Look at those cheeks and the hint of a teeny, tiny dimple...Aw, I love that baby girl!

My favorite thing that Ellie does right now is lick her lips. She is always doing it! She never leaves ickies on her face for long, and she's a clean eater. It's so funny! I caught a tiny bit of it on video :)
 Because the petting zoo was covered, we spent TONS of time there. Adelaide was the happiest kid on the planet. She ran from pen to pen touching each and every animal. She would simply touch it and then move on to the next until she had touched every single one and then she went around spending time with each animal :) She was hilarious. I loved watching her. Like, loved it.



 This is the face she made when she saw the cow pictured below. She was very excited about all that hair...


 "Mommy! Look!"



 Then she started getting up close and personal. She was kissing all goats and sheep. It was disgustingly gross and extremely endearing simultaneously.
 It only cost a dollar for an entire cup of food for the animals, so we splurged :) And I am so grateful we did. This girl was in heaven. Watching her enjoy these animals gave me a taste of what Heavenly Father feels when he sees us happy. It overwhelmed me. Nothing in the world makes me happier :)
 Not sure what that face is...



 And she even fed this HUGE cow! It's a brazilian zebu, the largest cattle breed. That thing was MASSIVE. I wish I would have taken a picture of just  the cow, but I guess that's why they say hindsight is 20/20, eh?

This little munchkin was completely happy all bundled up in her stroller watching all the animals from a distance. I got her out and let her touch a couple, but she wasn't as into it as I thought she'd be. I guess she just wanted to observe :)







 Towards the end of our day, we met up with Marco and Emily, Scott's sister. Ellie was pretty enthralled with her umbrella...She loved seeing Aunt Em :)
It rained all day, and we were all soaked, but due to a recent succession of blowouts, I brought tons of extra clothes for the girls. So they got to change into dry clothes for the second half of the day and the ride home :) They were grateful. I am so glad that we went. It was tons of fun and the girls loved it. Addy especially loved the horses. We walked through the horse barn and she kept saying, "oooh! It's a big one!" I am loving every day how expressive she is getting. Sometimes it's hard not to laugh when she says something naughty...

The other day, I had started the dishwasher. Earlier that day I had rerun a load of clothes about 4 times because Addy kept spinning the dial and changing settings. So I was very tired of her pushing buttons she shouldn't be pushing. So I told Scott to tell her to quit. And when he did, she looked up at him and yelled, "Don't boss Addy!"

Upon retrieving her from a time-out for "being mean" (stealing toys) to Ellie, Addy stayed on her bed when I opened the door. I said, "Come here Addy. We need to tell Ellie sorry." And she then stated, "Mommy mean to Addy." I guess that when I take her to time out next time I'll be sure to tell her that it's Jesus who wants her to be kind and not just mommy...

Lately, we have been really working with Addy on not having drinks in the living room. There is no such thing as a spill-proof sippy cup, I am finding out, and dirt sticks to apple juice like duct tape sticks to every little hair on your arm. So after a morning spent with a tooth brush and sol-u-mel, I decided I was done with juice in the living room. So we keep telling her, "We don't have juice on the carpet." and she has to walk back to the kitchen. So one night, she has a box of teddy grahams that she is carrying around. She steps into the living room and then proceeds to yell, "NOT ON THE CARPET!" before dashing back to the kitchen. Oh my gosh, that girl is hilarious.

Monday was great. We loved the fair and we'll plan on going each year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment