The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 13, 2013

The End of Summer

Normally, the title of this post would make me really sad. But this year, I am SO ready for Fall! For several reasons. 1. I do not have school age children, so I get to keep both my babies home. No change there. 2. I HATE FLIES. And I have millions of them. All around me. In my kitchen. Outside. On me. On my kids. Around my food. I want it to get too cold for those little nuisances to live. Freeze them out. So yes, please. Fall. 3. Apples, pumpkins, plums, candy corn. 4. ORANGE. 
So yes, I am excited for Fall! This morning, my sis-in-law and I canned several batches of apple jam and I just got done putting my apple pie filling in the canner. And then tomorrow I'll do plum freezer jam. And I got out the fall decor. I am so ready. Anyway, we had another great week doing things together as a family to end our perfect (other than Addy's broken leg, the septic system failure, hard drive crash, and all those crappy things lol) Summer. 
This, of course, includes taking Addy to see her favorite animals. I'm not sure what the obsession with ducks is about, but I love it! She's so fearless. Makes me smile.




 We went to the park. Addy love slides (much to my chagrin) and is so proud that she can climb them and go down them "by self!"
 Ok, let's preface this part of my post with this: I have NO idea who taught her this, or why she does it...but Addy loves to "freeze!" It comes in very handy after getting her out of the car. I tell her to stand on the sidewalk or by the van and "freeze!" And she totally does it. Or when I'm putting ponies in her hair. "Freeze!" And I can get the whole do done! So I finally captured it :) What a face!

 Perfect <3 p="">
 Who does she look like in this picture?
 This was after I took her ponies out for the day. And it totally reminded me of.....Yep. That's right. My baby looks like Heath Ledger :P
Ellie has gotten very interested in toys. And she knows how to get herself to them! I swear, she plays with these puzzles longer than Addy does!
 She discovered the piano today. I'm in love :) She was dancing and everything!




Well, happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment