I often times think "if only..."
If only my babies were babies just a little longer.
If only I could remember every instant and every teeny, tiny moment.
If only I could stop time right where it is and live with my little two year old and baby forever.
If only I could record every second of my kids' lives so I could replay it over and over when they're grown.
If only. And then I realize, I can remember so much if I just record it. Just right it down. Just take a moment to freeze those moments forever. So tonight, I'm going to write down some things that Addy said to me today on our way home from Walmart. She was being so good and so talkative! We got into the car and I had to change Ellie's stinky diaper and Addy wanted her treat that I had bought her. So I told her that if we could count to ten I would be done changing Ellie and could help her (yeah, I'm that fast :). So I started:
Mom: One
Addy: One
Mom: Two
Addy: Two
Mom: Three
Addy: Three, Four!
Mom: Four
Addy: Five!
Mom: Five
Addy: Six!
Mom: Six
Addy: Seven!
Mom: Seven
Addy: Eight!
Mom: Eight
Addy: I made it!
Mom: No, you have to make it to ten, not eight!
Addy: Nine, Ten! All done! Treat!
That's right! My little 23 month old can count to ten. After we hit three she was tired of waiting for me and took the reigns. I marvel every day at how smart she is! Everyone always thinks she's much older than she is because her vocabulary is huge!
Tonight we had FHE. I was talking about the temple and how families are forever. We were looking at pictures of temples. Since Jet and Daniel were sealed to us, Addy has been able to say Moroni and knows that he is on top of the temple. Each picture we looked at she would point out Moroni. So I put the picture book down and said, "Now, Addy, do you know whose house the temple is?" She very promptly and very proudly responded, "Moroni's!" lol. Well not quite, but now that she mentions it, that is a rather logical conclusion :)
Addy's favorite song is the goodnight song. You can listen to it here. She is constantly suggesting what we sing goodnight to. Tonight in the car it was Addy, Ellie, Daddy, Mommy, frog, moon, shoes, fan, and stars. She's getting more creative with her suggestions lol. My favorite part though, is when we sing about our family members it goes like this:
I'm a little Addy and my daddy loves me
I'm a little Addy and my mommy loves me
When they tuck me in to say goodnight (here, I pause and let her say what fits)
Addy: I love you! Goodnight!
It melts my heart every time. I love how much she loves to sing. She's always telling me what to sing about, and if I don't know a song about whatever it is (be it trees or socks or bees or the moon) I make one up. She thinks they're rather funny :)
Now that I've said a bunch of stuff about Addy I feel like I should mention Ellie :) She is teething, I think. Poor baby. But she absolutely LOVES having her gums rubbed. I read that it could help with teething, but Addy never liked it. Ellie, on the other hand, loves it. She will calm right down. She is such an amazing baby! She eats like you would not believe! 8 oz bottle about every time she eats! Every two hours. No wonder I couldn't keep up! lol. She loves to play with toys. Anything. Particularly plastic bags (which are always played with under close supervision, just to calm the hearts that beat really fast when they hear that lol). She sleeps 13 hours a night. In fact, tonight I put her in a size 4 diaper (Addy wears size 3 mind you) because she has been wetting out of her size 3's every morning this week because she sleeps so dang long! I am so in love with her and all her cuteness. My favorite thing that she does is play with her tongue and fingers! She has discovered both recently. She will stick her tongue out and make it fat and skinny and lick her lips. It's just so fun to watch! I also love when she holds one hand in front of her face and then plays with it with her other hand. I can't imagine how exciting it would be to learn that those dangly things are my fingers and I have control and can use them to get whatever I want! She is learning to use her body and I love watching it.
Long story short: Today this momma is feeling very grateful for her babies and all their perfection :) They are perfect. Like, totally, completely perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment