The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Funnies

I love my baby girls :) They are so much fun to be with all day long (most days). I just wanted to share these cute pictures with a couple cute stories. Here we are getting ready for a Sunday walk. It wasn't super cold outside. Not too hot and not too cold. All we needed was a light jacket (name that movie!) But Addy insisted on coats. So I went down and dug into the winter bag and came up with two coats for my two baby girls. We had a really long and really peaceful walk. The girls were great and enjoyed the ride.

 Funny Story #1: While potty training Addy, I made a mistake. The kind that is not an obvious mistake until it, well, is. Addy had messed her potty pants, so I got out my rubber glove and took her to the bathroom with me. I began cleaning the underwear in the toilet bowl, swishing it around to get all the, ahem, poop, off. The whole time, I was saying to Addy, "Ew Addy! This is so stinky! Look, your potty pants are so icky and now you can't wear the butterfly ones anymore! Oh no! They're dirty! We have to wash them now." You know the drill, impressing upon her mind the horror of pooping in potty pants (which, to be honest, she didn't seem to mind too much). Well then, later, while I am feeding Ellie, Addy comes running out of the bathroom naked. She says, "Mom, my pants are wet." I asked if she went potty in them, to which she replied, "No mom, they're wet." I asked her to get them, figuring that she took them off because she had wet them. Oh no. She had been "washing" them in the toilet, like I had done hers. Apparently she wasn't horrified. So I thought I would nip that in the bud by telling her that only when there is poop in the potty pants do we get to wash them in the toilet. Um, yeah. About ten minutes later, she comes back with more poop in her potty pants, asking me to let Addy wear the glove and wash them! lol. I guess she was merely amused by my show of icky, nasty potty pants and wanted to try it herself, and since she could only do it if she pooped in those pants, she made sure to go ahead and do it lol. Yeah, I won't be cleaning her undies out in front of her anymore!

Elise is...perfect. She has one tooth on bottom and she loves to feel it with her tongue :) I love the little faces she makes! And I love those rolls!
 Bath time is the favorite around here! Ellie loves to roll from tummy to back and then back again just to splash in the water. She also loves to kick those legs! When we get done, Mommy dries the babies and Daddy dries the bathroom hahaha. Censored :)
Funny Story #2: Addy is giving me some issues at naptime. Yesterday she didn't even take one. I am deathly afraid that maybe she no longer needs them every day. And this scares me because, quite frankly, I need them to have one every day! So one day while she was constantly getting out of her bed and opening her door, just a crack, Scott said to her, "Addy I am going to take your toys if you can't stay in bed!" (we let her pick a stuffed animal or two to sleep with). A few minutes later, she opens her door, sees Scott coming down the hall, and put her toys outside her room, in the hall and slammed the door! Scott came back cracking up! haha. It was like she was saying, "Let me save you the trouble!" haha. She catches on quite quickly! lol.

Well, hopefully I did these stories justice. She is just so funny and entertaining! She's getting to the age where I have to watch what I say to Scott in front of her, or to her for that matter, because she will repeat it to someone else haha. Like when she went all through D.I. telling me her dolly was poopy. And I kept telling her it was okay and she kept saying, "Get me wipes right now, mommy! She's too poopy! It's nasty!" (all of which I had no idea where came from until the next time I changed Ellie's poopy diaper and found myself saying the exact same things to Addy to get her to bring me wipes lol). Anyway, I really should go clean something :) Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment