The Carters

The Carters
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall is Here!

Well! Fall is here! I love having my blinds open, inviting the warm sunshine in instead of closed blocking the heat. I love baking during the day again! I love the wonderful colors my trees are beginning to turn. I love apple jam and pie. I love putting up my Halloween decor :) And I love my babies! 
Elise is turning into quite the little girl. She has learned to fake it. Like when Addy comes too close without touching her, she'll whine. Because she knows that Addy gets in trouble when she makes her whine haha. So I have to watch very closely to be sure I don't punish Addy for nothing! (And also so that I don't miss out on punishing her when she sneaks in the little shove or pinch....) Ellie scoots herself around everywhere! She can get anything she wants. And she loves it! The playroom is her new favorite place.
 Addy found a Seahawks outfit that Mimi got her when she was a baby. It was a bit too small, but I let her try it on anyway so I could take pictures to send to Grandpa. She now randomly says, "Go Seahawks! Wooohooo!" Which is really ironic because we NEVER watch football. Like, NEVER.

Addy has been very happy about playing outside lately because she gets to wear her jackets, all of which have somehow become very special to her...She is growing up so fast!

 Popping bubbles. She also loves to blow them, as you'll see soon :)
 This is her other little trick...which Lola hates, but tolerates. Any time I go anywhere I have to lint roll Addy of all the hair she has pulled off of that poor cat! And yet, I figure that if Lola isn't smart enough to run and hide, then she can put up with Addy!
 Blowing Bubbles with daddy on his lunch break. She's getting pretty good!


 Ellie is a very happy baby. She has been kind of rotten the last couple weeks, due to her teeth :( But whenever daddy is home, it's all smiles. And, she is quite the jumper! She loves her jumper and can jump so high! She likes to jump and then pull her feet up and let the springs catch her. What fun!
 This week I made some cheesy veggie chowder and blended it up for Ellie. She ate probably more than Addy did. And was very proud of herself :) I cannot believe my baby is 7 months on Sunday...I need another!
 I also had a birthday :) Scott was so sweet. He made me breakfast and dinner and took me to lunch. I didn't cook a thing! It was wonderful. We watched a show with Addy, during which she surprised me with some good ol' birthday snuggles! She was so sweet! I love this little bundle of joy.
 I couldn't help but post this one! When Scott said to help mom blow, this is the look she gave him! I laughed for a good long while with that one.


 Addy loves stars. So Scott took her out stargazing this week. It was so sweet watching him bundle her up. I wish I would have taken a video, but they were singing twinkle twinkle little star, which Addy knows every word to. They have such a special bond. It melts my heart.
 Ok, so funny Addy story for the week. Lately, she has been into singing songs by herself. So one day, Scott was saying something about how when Addy does something (I can't remember what) it drives him nuts. And then we look over and she is under Ellie's bouncer (yes, with her in it and jumping on Addy) singing, "Lead me, guide me, walk me, help me find the way!" We couldn't help but laugh at the irony of her timing. And yes, she is a child of God. :)
Here is another of the songs she loves to sing by herself :) "Goodnight, goodnight! Goodnight little Ellie goodnight!" repeated twice. Please excuse my crappy singing...she sings goodnight to everything. Like, everything. Socks, bees, temple, Moroni etc lol


Also, Addy has lately been insisting that naked it best...Whenever I ask her to get dressed she says, "I be naked mom!" So lately, I've been letting her (just a diaper, no clothes). So since she's naked anyway, I decided to give potty training another go...wish me luck! So far we're 1 for 3...once in the toilet. Hopefully we can get it figured out in during the one weekend we don't have to leave our house for church! lol

Ok, and now here are a couple fun videos :) Addy has learned to count to ten! I didn't even know! I mean, I count with her, but she kind of just throws in a random number. Never had she counted by herself before, and now she does it all the time. I love it!


Also, she loves bubbles. All kinds.


Ellie sure loves that Daddy! One day I'll get a mama's baby...One day. Do you love how, when she dives for my wedding ring, I pretend she is actually coming to me? Yeah. Desperate...




2 comments:

  1. Not desperate Shiloh! Hopeful :) You watch, all of your boys are going to be total mama's boys. Just you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Addy's voice. It is so cute and full of expression. Sure miss her.

    ReplyDelete