Mother's Day was wonderful. We have church at 9 so I told Scott that I would rather not do breakfast in bed. We had snacks on the couch while mom opened her presents instead. It was nice. My girls are so pretty. And they are growing way too fast! I had to put Addy in 3 dresses before I found one long enough! Scott got me silicone muffin cups, both in normal and jumbo sizes. We have been making some pretty tasty muffins lately! He also printed off pictures for the girls to color for me and had a cute little basket of candy and some other goodies (complete with tissue paper) for Addy to give to me. I am one lucky momma!
Ellie is growing up so fast! I have a bin of dress up clothes at the foot of her bed and instead of napping one day she decided to figure out how to, from her crib, open it and pull all the dresses into her bed! Little stinker!
Scott bought the girls a swing set. Addy can swing for hours. And Ellie is beginning to really enjoy it too. She'll go outside and stand by her swing, waiting for me to put her in it and push her :) Scott is such a good daddy. I love watching him and our girls together.
Addy has been very into helping daddy lately. So one day, she stole his belt and holster. Instead of a drill though, she used it to carry her princesses all around the house. Such a silly girl!
I found this sled at D.I. (I find everything there, I know) for $1! It's a super nice and thick one too! Addy was so excited about it that she told me she was going to sleep in it. I almost believed her...she didn't sleep, but she did lay there for a good half hour! lol.
Saturday we had a day of great weather! It was 70 degrees with no wind! And the sun was shining all day long! Addy has been begging me to let her play in the water since I let her play in the sprinkler one night last week. So I decided that I would get the pool out and see how we fared. They played for over an hour! These dollar store water shooters were a great hit and worth every penny! I love these little swim suits! I have collected them over the years and now I have one for each girl this summer! I am thrilled. I love finding matching things over years haha, and I'm good at it! Anyway, here's some fun pictures of Ellie and Addy enjoying their water play :)

This is Ellie's signature face! She always makes it when she is surprised or when she falls or sees something new. The water was a little cold when she sat down :)
And there's the face again! Usually she either says, "oh!" or "wow!" with it :)
After watching me wash my hands in the hose, she decided it might be fun.
Does it get any better than that face? I have seen a lot of babies, and I think this one is my favorite!
Addy has not put this water launcher down...I had to ban it from the bath. You'd think that would be obvious. I thought I could trust my 2 year old. Yeah. I can't lol
Anyway, we have had some fun times. I love my kids and I love my husband and I can't wait to have another baby! Today I mowed the lawn while holding Addy up above my belly as she took a power nap on me. I can't wait to have a lap again! My arms are sore! And she's a big girl! It's going to be so fun to be agile and quick again. And just in time for Summer :)





















No comments:
Post a Comment